Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what kind of dog this is?? We rescued her yesterday from a kill shelter in Ohio. She is great with my dog and my kids so far. Doesn't seem to shed much at all. Her coat is soft and very shiny. She weighs 60 lbs. The shelter was listing her as a ridgeback mix. She doesn't have the ridge. I'm just wondering what you all might think!! Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. She's a great dog. I was just curious as to what she might be. Are there tests that can be done to tell you what mix of breeds your dog is? If so is it costly?

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Looks like a Mix of a mix honestly. Shepherd/bully/hound mix. Some dogs are just so mixed bred you can't tell what they are anymore.

DNA test for breeds are very unreliable. I've seen them list purebred American Pit Bull Terriers as Border Collies because both dogs were black and white.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Thank you for rescuing! :) I thought the Ridgeback mix fit. I immediately thought that when I first saw her pic.

There are tons of Lab mixes in my area; here in the middle of the east in Ohio.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wouldn't do it any other way! Rescue is the only way to go for us. I thought she looks like she definitely had some Ridgeback in her. We got her from Gallia, Ohio. Not sure where that is in reference to you, Abbylynn. :)

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I wouldn't do it any other way! Rescue is the only way to go for us. I thought she looks like she definitely had some Ridgeback in her. We got her from Gallia, Ohio. Not sure where that is in reference to you, Abbylynn. :)
I am 7 counties north east of you in Carroll County. :) You are way south! I wonder what breed mixes are prevelant in your area? We also have a lot of Doberman and Rottweiler and Pit Bull mixes in our surrounding areas. I went to another county to rescue and adopt Abbylynn. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am 7 counties north east of you in Carroll County. :) You are way south! I wonder what breed mixes are prevelant in your area? We also have a lot of Doberman and Rottweiler and Pit Bull mixes in our surrounding areas. I went to another county to rescue and adopt Abbylynn. :)
I live in central PA! I had her transported to me. :) So I'm not too sure what breeds are prevalent there. I know here we have A LOT of pit bulls and labs as well :) Either way, my Roxy is a keeper <3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts