Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all! My hubby and I are considering adopting this rescue dog, as he looks like such a sweetie (and I've heard he's as sweet as he looks). His caregiver thinks he is a golden sheltie, but I am wondering what you all think. Thanks in advance!

Ashley

Attachments

·
Banned
1,765 Posts
that white pattern makes me think border collie. The shorter coat seems more like a lab than a golden. I don't see sheltie.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
that white pattern makes me think border collie. The shorter coat seems more like a lab than a golden. I don't see sheltie.
that white pattern is found in more than 20 different breeds of dog.

could be an English Shepherd mix

·
Banned
1,765 Posts
that white pattern is found in more than 20 different breeds of dog.
*shrug* I said it make ME think of BC. Besides, I can't really tell the difference in English Shepherd, Aussie, or BC mixes. They all look very similar to me :eek:.

Since your the aussie expert, you can probably see the nuances that I can't between the breeds ;).

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Reminds me a little of this guy.

I would actually agree that you have a Golden mix there. Maybe spaniel of some type and Golden. Very cute little doggy. :D

The dog above was a Golden Retriever Pit bull mix. I do not see any Pit Bull in your little pup.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Hello, all! My hubby and I are considering adopting this rescue dog, as he looks like such a sweetie (and I've heard he's as sweet as he looks). His caregiver thinks he is a golden sheltie, but I am wondering what you all think. Thanks in advance!

Ashley
Aww he is adorable!
how big is he? from the pic i would definitely rule out sheltie... if he were a golden sheltie (even mixes of those) im thinking he would have a much thicker longer coat. I can see the golden but not so much a lab. In the end its more about the dog. Bella is a boxer mix and im not into boxers (no offense to any boxer ppl) but there was something that told me to get her as soon as i saw her and i havent been disappointed. Plus you can always do a dna test.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts