Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought a new dog this weekend and we're not sure what kind of dog she is. The shop owner had said she was a pomeranian, but she doesnt look like it at all, plus she seems a bit too big already. If anyone has any ideas, please reply. THANKS!!
www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=36783760&l=f42fb7ce11&id=670590
www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=36783757&l=9773d49218&id=6705901
www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=36782721&l=3cc567e9d2&id=670590

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157617775664618/

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Definitely not a Pom. :p

It's hard to tell with puppies, but it would not surprise me at ALL if she was a corgi/chihuahua cross.

·
Registered
126 Posts
For f/b I got this message:
This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

On flicker i See her, she is NOT a pure pom imo, she is cute, maybe corgi, with those short stubby legs lol, her colouring I belive is also failry close to corgi as well. Not sure about the face, it does kinda resemble a pom. She is adorable.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Like the above posters said, not pure pom. I agree with Dogstar, looks like a corgi mix.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I think Pom mix. Certainly not pure...

I read you got her at a pet store... I hope you didn't pay a lot for the "pure bred" dog.

·
Registered
714 Posts
i definately see a corgie body and more of tibbie face. but i could see maybe a corgi/chihuahua with that face, i dont see much pom in there. but shes cute regardless!

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
that is most definatly not a Pomeranian. looks like she maybe a 25-30 pound dog at full size but thats guess/estemate

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I definitely see Tibetan Spaniel or Pekingese mixed with Pomeranian. Cute puppy! =D

Definitely see Tibetan Spaniel, though!

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
I definitely see Tibetan Spaniel or Pekingese mixed with Pomeranian. Cute puppy! =D

Definitely see Tibetan Spaniel, though!
tibetan spaniels are pritty rare, I highly doubt a breeder let one of their dogs breed with a mutt and then sold it to a pet store

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
tibetan spaniels are pritty rare, I highly doubt a breeder let one of their dogs breed with a mutt and then sold it to a pet store
Yes, exactly.

Definitely a mixed breed, but a very cute and adorable one!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Very pretty dog. She appears to have a pom look in the face but those paws are pretty large for a pom. It looks like she may be a medium sized dog. I have 2 poms LOVE THEM, Coco male - is fluffy and full and Aoki is small and this with more straight longer hair and they are from the same litter. Here are a couple pics of my babies. (hope it goes thru - new to this) Mine are 6 months now.One of these pics was when they were about 2-3 months.

But either way unless you paid pom price thats a concern but you got a very cute puppy.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
It's not impossible for an intact dog to run away and breed. Last dog show I went to, I talked to a lady that had found and kept a stray Komondor. If that's not a rare breed I dunno what is.

I wouldn't dismiss the possibility altogether.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
It's not impossible for an intact dog to run away and breed. Last dog show I went to, I talked to a lady that had found and kept a stray Komondor. If that's not a rare breed I dunno what is.

I wouldn't dismiss the possibility altogether.
Actually, Komondorok are not terribly rare - it's just that most people wouldn't recognize a pet one if they saw them. I know of five folks who use them as LGDs and I see them fairly regularly for sale (puppies) in farm papers for working. Not as common as anatolians or anatolian/pyr crosses, but at there's more than a few BYBs out there...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts