Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I feed Lucy Blue Buffalo, but am thinking about going into this local pet store that specializes in good quality foods to get their opinion :) Blue Buffalo is rated okay on the dog food analysis web site, but there is better stuff out there!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Belle is fed Blue Buffalo and it's been the best of all foods I have tried for her. I know there are better foods out there but as picky as she is I'm happy to have her eating and doing very well on it! Vets are always pleased with her weight, coat, and general physical appearence.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I feed Donatello Nature's Recipe Farmstand Selects. It's one of the few cheaper foods that I can find that are "corn" free... Corn syrup, ground corn, whole corn, corn starch, etc.

I also mix in a third of a Cesar's cup. (Doing that gives me three days on one cup of Cesar's.) Anyway, I mix in the Cesar's because he's finicky, picky, and will go days without eating, only to eat half a cup and walk off... I was allowing him to do that, because hey, dogs should eat on their own, when they're hungry, and just eat plain ole' kibble... But after he gained weight coming home, he was losing weight again! Aside from him being perfectly healthy it was just his spoiled self! lol!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Trent is on what his breeder had been feeding him, but this weekend I am going over to buy a bag of Orijen or Taste of the Wild and slowly make a transition. He also gets a raw meaty bone a few times a week.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
My dogs eat Orijen kibbles in the morning (the two boys eat the for adult dogs one and Xena is on large breed puppy) and at supper time, they eat raw. :D

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Upendi eats Eagle Pack and gets raw meaty bones as well. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Mabel eats Evo kibble in the morning and Stella & Chewey's raw with a spoonful of pumpkin and green tripe in the evening. Dog, that tripe is FOUL. But she LOVES it.

·
Banned
894 Posts
Maggie eats Wellness but much prefers the Pedigree I feed my friends dog (who prefers the Wellness) when I board him.

After a couple of days of boarding they both have the runs.

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
:)Mine eat Purina right now but I switch it to RAW and Eunukanuba (or howEVER you spell it) and other stuff so they don't get bored.
May I ask why you would feed a couple of "lesser quality" foods and then feed raw? Raw is probably the best we can do for our dogs although most of us can't/won't, myself included. That's like saying I'd feed Purina, Eukanuba and Orijen. From one extreme to the other.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We feed Yogi Wellness Puppy and he is almost 12 weeks. He seems to love it. He was on a bad diet before...they had him on Purina Puppy Chow (basically corn). Blech.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Sassy gets home made chicken and rice, Max gets RAW and both get a dollop of canned green tripe for dessert with their bits of this and that mixed in.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts