Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get Diamond Dog Food lamb and rice.
It's good stuff and my girls like it.
Makes they're coats really shiny and soft.

·
Registered
389 Posts
My dogs eat Pedigree dry food. Sadie gets a little funny about eating sometimes so we put a tablespoon of wet Alpo in her food too. Then if she gets really picky we throw a little shredded cheddar cheese in it. Can you say spoiled? hehe

·
Registered
25 Posts
Didn't Diamond food have a problem? I've heard bad things. I wish I could remember where I read it and I'd link to it.

I feed Emily a little bit of everything. Sometimes it's premium and sometimes it's not.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We buy purina lamb and rice! That's the only thing he will eat! I have a free bag of purina coming from purina after taking the purina one challenge! Go on their website and see if they still offer it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My dog eats pedigree dry food aswell. Its better for his teeth, and we've been feeding him dry food since he was a puppy. He's gotten used to it, but we give him a bit of wet food every so often, as a treat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I feed Cleo Wellness dry Super 5 mix chicken and brown rice. She loves it, but eats it a little too quickly, so I mix it with warm water to help her slow down.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hehe, my dogs get kibbles n' bits. prince is very picky and won't eat iams or science diet but you give him any kind of kibbles n' bits and he's happy. i also give them brown rice about once a week. its really good for their coats.

·
Registered
20 Posts
dog food

I buy my dog Purina ONE Lamb and Rice. The vet recommended it because other dog foods made her really itchy and she would bite at her feet. I guess she's allergic to something in other foods, but I can't remember what. I have bought canned dog food once or twice, and she goes completely INSANE over it, but I think she's allergic to that stuff too.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I give my dog a mix of canned and dry science diet, he likes it and i really don't have any other expenses right now other than my dog so i don't really mind the price.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi - new here - but saw the reference to Diamond brand dog food and thought that I should really post the link to the major recall they had. Although all Diamond distributors were supposed to take the product off their shelves, it's not impossible to imagine that some slipped through. Please check your bag to make sure it isn't part of the recall.

http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/diamond12_05.html

For those of you with questions on dog food, this site is amazing to tell you how to read the labels, as well as listing the labels from pretty much every dog food you can think of:

http://www.doberdogs.com/menu.html

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks , ill look into the diamond recall

·
Registered
6 Posts
Killerdrgn said:
I give my dog a mix of canned and dry science diet, he likes it and i really don't have any other expenses right now other than my dog so i don't really mind the price.
If you can pay alot for dog food, there are plenty other brands that have FAR better ingredients than Science Diet. If you read the label, you'll notice that the Science Diet has the same ingredients as a grocery-store brand dog food...so technically you are paying for marketing, not good ingredients. :(

·
Registered
146 Posts
papillon806 said:
If you can pay alot for dog food, there are plenty other brands that have FAR better ingredients than Science Diet. If you read the label, you'll notice that the Science Diet has the same ingredients as a grocery-store brand dog food...so technically you are paying for marketing, not good ingredients. :(
I dunno, maybe it has more of the better ingredients and less filelr stuff. Is there anythign thats cheaper but better?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dog Food

I was feeding my dogs Purina Pro Plan varieties, Until recently when I found that my 2 larger breed appear to be allergic to it.. my vet suggested that since I have a variety of sizes and ages of dogs{ Ranging from 8 weeks to 6yrs and from a mere 2 pounds to 50 pounds} that I switch to an all natural product called Nature's Variety Raw Instincts Grain Free Diet, because it is not only suppose to be all Natural and Grain Free but that it is also formulated in such a way that dogs of all ages shapes and sizes benefit from the food... Any Opinions anybody??????????/:) :p

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I feed my dogs Canidae. It's free of corn, mystery meat, harmful synthetic preservatives, etc. My Border Collie mix has corn allergies, and plus corn is a cheap filler and is hard on most dogs' stomachs so I avoid it in everything I feed, including treats. So far, I love it.

*Is obsessed with dog food* >@[email protected]<

1 - 20 of 95 Posts