Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just rescued another dog , he is still a pup , according to the paper , he is only 7 months old . Do you guys have any idea what kind of breed is he ? I was told he is schnauzer mix , he does look like schnauzer , but he has a wiry coat with a curl up long tail . He is all black , with dark brown around his face . He only has 1 eye , had to have the other one removed because it was too small and didn't function at all .

Do you guys think he looks like schnauzer mix with cairn ?
PS : here is a pic of him and my other dog , Tigger ( the black and white )

tiggeroo.jpg Roo1.jpg

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
I see Schnauzer mix too. The first picture of him, with Tigger (who is cute too), looks like Tramp in the Lady and the Tramp film, but yours is shorter.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Schnoodle. Looks just like our Barklee at that age, maybe a little longer hair. Pretty sure about the schnauzer part, guessing poodle due to similarities to our dog. I think Cairn would also be a good guess. Any penchant for yellow brick roads?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My husband also said the same thing that Roo ( the black one ) looks like in the movie Lady and The Tramp :)

My black and white guy , i think he's a Lhasa / Shihtzu , his name is Tigger , we adopted him in January .

The black guy we just adopted yesterday , we named him Roo , if Roo is a schnauzer maltese or even poodle mix , wouldn't the hair be smooth though ? He is very wiry though .. He is only 7 months but weighs about 15 lbs already the same size like my other dog who is 3 years old .

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I think he looks a bit like Eddee! Lol! Schnauzer mix. My Niece says Eddee has to have Shih Tzu in him because he acts like all the ones she knows! Lol! :) Eddee is brindle with a very curley tail also.

I think your guy is adorable no matter what the other mix is. My white dogs are Schnauzer/Poodles (Schnoodles) They are 20 pounds full grown. Their hair is a mixture of Poodle and Schnauzer texture. Eddee has wirey hair and a soft undercoat .... but very thin. His leg, head, and facial hair is silky. Eddee is now 15 pounds at a year old.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Schnauzers are wire-haired. Very much so. And their tails curl if they're not cut.

I don't really see anything else. He looks like an uncut/unclipped Schnauzer to me. He's a cutie!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone , we had miniature schnauzer before , as you can see in the picture , her hair was so soft , maybe because i always kept it short , but i never noticed wiry hair on her .

Roo , does need some grooming , but i will have to wait til his hair grow a little bit more around his face too , he just had an eye surgery last month so probably they had to shave them off and it doesn't look too good LOL .

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Google up Schnauzer/Affenspincher Photos ......... :D Sorry ... my computer is broken and this one will not comply with me! Lol!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL , i just did .. he does resemble to some of the images schnauzer and affenpinscher .

here is another pic of him .

roo2.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts