·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay what is your favorite breed?

Why do you like this breed?

Feel free to show a picture.....

Okay my favorite breed is a Sasha....

Sasha's are all around good dogs, well behaved, follows commands and extremely loyal....

This is a Sasha:

Okay Just kidding Sasha is my Jack Russell mix but if you like mutts you can say that....

In all seriousness:

My favorite breed: Poodle (I like toy poodles)

Why: I have always had poodles, they are wonderful and highly intelligent, I do not know a more loyal breed. They are highly adaptable as well...

Picture:

·
Registered
462 Posts
CHIHUAHUAS! I know they are ususally quite hated - but only by those who have never owned one.

They are incredibly loving, fiercely loyal, devoted, fun, playful, big-hearted, doe-eyed little dogs. I always thought I hated Chi's. Then I rescued my two and my world is forever changed for the better.

I never knew a little dog could be such a big and postive part of my life.

Just remember that little dog you hate may be the absolute love of someone else's life.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
...can we have more then one favorite?...because I honestly cant say I like on of my dogs any better then the other

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
CHIHUAHUAS! I know they are ususally quite hated - but only by those who have never owned one.

They are incredibly loving, fiercely loyal, devoted, fun, playful, big-hearted, doe-eyed little dogs. I always thought I hated Chi's. Then I rescued my two and my world is forever changed for the better.

I never knew a little dog could be such a big and postive part of my life.

Just remember that little dog you hate may be the absolute love of someone else's life.

Very cool...My Sasha has some chi in her as well. I like Chis my grand dad has a wonderful little black and tan Chi named Scrappy

...can we have more then one favorite?...because I honestly cant say I like on of my dogs any better then the other
Yes you can have more than one...I just put the one I have had forever...but I have way too many to name the list would go on and on

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Here is my pack......they all have unique personalities and qualities...I am luck to have great doggy ambassadors of every breed I love.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
do I even need to say it? :D

intelligence, loyalty, gentle hearts, exhuberence, joyous nature, rough and tumble playful personalities, goofy smiles, wiggly tail waggy butts, pure unadulterated LOVE

always and forever no matter what I will have pit bulls or I will have none.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
English Mastiff! :D

They are big goofy babies.

This is my big boy, Uallis.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
American Pit Bull Terrier ;)

I love everything that they are. Driven, loyal, intelligent, tenacious, etc. I love that they can go from tearing it up in the yard playing to cuddling on the couch. Just the all around package when it comes to fitting a dog for my lifestyle.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Blackie is my *perfect* dog. Everything about him I love. When I go to adopt another dog, I want to adopt a breed that has all of the characteristics that Blackie has. And although I know another dog will never be the same as Blackie, I want to get as close as I can. So, using Blackie as my base for what I want in a breed...it has to be a PitBull. Why? Strong, loyal, loving, active (but not too active), perfect size, short coat, intelligent, trainable, goofy, playful, imposing, just like my Blackie boy.

Since I don't own a Pit Bull, I'll post a picture of three boys that are in a local shelter/rescue whom I wish I could adopt:

This last boy, Barry, REALLY reminds me of Blackie. Wish I could bring him home.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Favorite breed: Great Danes Bull Terrier and Pit Bulls

Why: I don't really know I have always been drawn to those breeds. I guess the Great Danes because I have never met one that thought it was a lap dog lol. Pit Bulls because of their strong but kind nature. And Bull Terriers because of their 'sock head' and their stubbornness.

I don't have pictures of my own but here are some of my favorites I have found.

Great Dane Puppy

Bull Terrier

Pit bull

Yeah I couldn't just pick one

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Happy Scruffy dogs

Little dogs

Wet dogs

And BIG dogs

No particular breed preference..But Cairns are my current purebreed of choice and Mutts will always be my number one.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Mutts!!!

My last dog, Cameo. She was a Dobe/GSD/Lab mix.

My current dogs, Alvin (Shar Pei/Lab) and Clifford (Lab/Dane?/Hound?)

I've also had Brutus, an Aussie/Chow mix, but he came before my digital camera and I don't have any scanned pictures of him. Growing up on a ranch in Colorado, we had Border Collies, but I would never choose one of them in my current living situation. Or ever, actually. Too intense for me.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
I'm a papillon person through and through.

Why? Because they are brilliant and clever. They're widely considered the smartest of the toy breeds and were in the in the top 10 most intelligent dog breeds. They're easily trained and very athletic. They're easy to groom, portable, and they have the best personalities of ANY dogs I've ever met. They're sweet, and they're hilarious little dogs. They adore people and are very sensitive. Someone once said they aren't a dog, they're an extension of their owner. That's how it is with any of mine. They bond to their people unlike any other dogs I've ever been around or owned. They're also generally really good with other dogs and small animals.

One of the top agility dogs.

They're perfect as a service dog because of their trainability and closeness with their people.

They can do obedience with the best of them.

What's not to love? (Poor Rose in the middle- that's my little sister holding her)

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
A close second that I don't own yet is the border collie. I love them for many of the same reasons I love the papillons- intelligence, enthusiasm, a nice high energy level. I am also just amazed by their ability to work so instinctually. I also greatly appreciate the herding dog quirks. :p

That is why a border collie is going to be my next dog.

I also love the way they move and I love working with them. I WANTS ONE! :(

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Well this is my favourite breed of all time i just havnt had the pleasure of owning one yet but i will.(watch this space)
Reason for loving this breed is because St Bernards are just magnificent.

Staffordshire Bull Terriers are and always will be a big part of my life.
They are loyal,funny,dont realise that they are infact dogs and not humans and allround great companions.

Last but not least,i may have to clone this pooch my BullmastiffxNeopolitan mastiff/Americanbulldog(which i tend to just call bullmastiff)
Ive never owned a dog that is "all about me" like him,he is my shadow but also very observant of strangers and no where near as people friendly as the SBT,i like his awareness of everything that moves.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Does anyone notice that most of the reasons 'why' people love their dogs apply to most of the dogs?

Mine are American Eskimos - beautiful, athletic, brilliant, happy, joyful, energetic but still able to relax and be a house dog, alert, loyal, devoted, playful, give full body wags and 'eskimo hugs' and kisses, and they always are smiling. Plus they have a special 'stay-clean' fur and don't need to be brushed as much as you might think. There's a reason the national rescue is called 'heart bandits', they really are.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, first post here, I just wanted to share my favorite type of dog :)

Tibetan Mastiff's

No snow where I live, but I love that picture. I don't think anything would be scarier guard dog than a huge Tibetan Mastiff, with so much fur they look like a small bear.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts