Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
stomach.jpg
Every once in a while (every 2 weeks or so) my dog's entire body looks very red, almost as if he has been bitten all over his body. To make things worse is he stratches himself constantly causing himself to bleed. The scabs then ich some more resulting in an endless cycle of stratching and bleeding. Is this because of allergies? Should I limit his time outside? He loves to go out during the night an bark at some "unknown" creature in the dark, should I not allow him to do so from now on?
In addition his paws are constantly red. No blisters or anything, but he is constantly licking them... Is this something born from boredem or is this a problem?

I want to stop him from sctraching and licking himself so much, he is leaving bruises and scabs all over his stomach, feet and ears.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I put antibiotic cream all over his stomach so he isn't as red now. Do you know of any ways to test if he has a bacterial infection? From the suggestions I think what he has is closest to mange or a bacterial infection.

·
Registered
565 Posts
This keeps happening and it's all over your dog's body. Go to the vet. They can do the tests and make the suffering stop. I know vets are expensive but it's part of dog ownership. :(

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
If YOU had a rash like this all over YOUR body wouldnt you seek medical attention? Part of being responsible for another life is making sure they have the medical attention they need when they need it. It's rarely convenient, but it has to be done.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
putting some random antibiotic cream all over him is not necessarily going to help or solve the problem. As everyone already stated, considering this is a recurring problem, he really needs to go to the vet. It could be an infection or some type of allergy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What breed is this dog? Sounds like the poor guy has allergies but it could always be something else. I'm glad you're taking him to the vet...regardless of the cause, this won't go away on its own.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts