Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about the past two weeks my dog has had trouble getting on and off the bed and couch. If she is laying down or sleeping and you try to move her, she cries in pain. She has been urinating in her sleep wherever she is laying down, so I have had to have her sleep in her crate again. She has also been waking me up in the middle of the night to go outside to urinate. She is a vizsla snd will be two years old in September. I have taken her to the vet twice. The first time, he said she probably just overdid it when she was playing and gave her an anti-inflammatory. The second time, he tested her urine and took x-rays. After looking at the results, he said the x-rays looked good but she had traces of blood in her urine and put her on antibiotics called Ciprofloxacin. She has been on it for over a week and has not shown any signs of improvement. She has not been acting like herself. She has not wanted to be around us, play with our other dog, and does not even get off the couch when I get home from work. Her pupils look dialated too. My girlfriend is taking her back to the vet for me tomorrow morning but I am really worried. Last time I suggested that maybe she had a ruptured disk or her hips were giving her problems but the vet said that the x-rays didn't support that. I have never had to go to a vet 3 times before I knew what the problem was. Should I see another vet? I am so worried that should could have some kind of degenerative problem. She acts like she is in a lot of pain and it kills me. Any ideas as to what could be going on?

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I had some issues with my previous dog Leeo and some things were not diagnosed properly. I knew my dog was clearly in pain when I was told he was not. I took him to the ER Vet Hospital before he was properly diagnosed. They were able to do more extensive testing and all the proper equipment and test results right there on the premises.

Is it possible to take her to an ER where you live? Just another option.

I hope your dog will be OK. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

Please keep us updated on her progress.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts