Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my poodle got pregnant at around the same time as another pup. We know for a fact she breeded. they would be due about the same time, around this week. Well, she started growing a little, her nipples got harder and grew then about 2 weeks ago we noticed she was not getting as big as the other pup. Now since last night she has not let a stuffed toy out of her site, protecting it like a momma canine would and also staying to herself in another room and will not leave it unless forced to.She has had a slight dark discharge. what could this mean?

ok, I just checked on her and she was licking her self, been doing this alot, and what looked like a white bubble was comming out of her but must have been, well not sure cause nothing happened....

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
She needs to see a vet. The situation doesn't sound good. Discharge is usually a bad sign. I recommend calling an emergency vet as soon as possible.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Dark discharge is not a good sign.

Have you taken her to the vet for and check-up after breeding ??? I would suggest taking her to the E-vet now or your regular vet in the morning.Oh why Oh why are inexperenced not even trying to educate thaemselves people breeding there dogs...ughghg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Dark discharge is not a good sign.

Have you taken her to the vet for and check-up after breeding ??? I would suggest taking her to the E-vet now or your regular vet in the morning.Oh why Oh why are inexperenced not even trying to educate thaemselves people breeding there dogs...ughghg

First of all, this is not my first go around just first time with this situation...

Yes we go to the vet often and when needed, this dog is new to our family and pregnant when we got her and in all honesty thought all was going fine and normall for the most part, there was no real problem till the night I posted this post..

She did have a puppy it was born breach and not alive, had to help her deliver the pup but to no avail. she is now doing fine, is still protecting her stuffed bone but as for as that she is eating again and going out to potty as she has always done....

Vet said she would be fine but does not suggest more breeding...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
When did she have the puppy? Did the other dog have her litter already? Did the vet tell you why the dark discharge?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She ( Baby Girl) had her puppy on the night of the 7th, the other dog (Thelma) has not yet, has to be in the next day or two, poor thing, she looks like she is about to bust, must watch her temp... She has started staying close and to herself today, soooooo....

The vet said that the discharge was just part of the labor, it was noticed about an hour or so before the puppy came...

·
Registered
228 Posts
your dog only had one pup? i think that is a bit unusual ... maybe not ... I never breed a dog ... but, anyways .... hope everything turns out fine!!!

First you said:

my poodle got pregnant at around the same time as another pup. We know for a fact she breeded. they would be due about the same time, around this week.

Then you said:

Yes we go to the vet often and when needed, this dog is new to our family and pregnant when we got her and in all honesty thought all was going fine and normall for the most part, there was no real problem till the night I posted this post..
SORRY NOT UNDERSTANDING ....

Sounds like you are mis guiding information ... can you please sum up what you mean?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol, i see your confusion ok, Let me explain,

Baby girl, poodle, was my neghibors dog and then given to us after she got pregnant because she was pregnant. The other dog mentioned is my dog Thelma, wirey long haired jack russel.

This will be Thelma's second litter, for the same daddy, and was Baby Girl's first. The male dog, who is a pure whinnie dog, Bogo, also an inside neghibors dog from down the way. He is the only male dog that gets loose around. Thelma was in heat but normally no males around unless Bogo gets out. Well, sure enough Bogo was here for about 3 days, seen him with Baby Girl.

I have looked up some info on poodle's and not so unusual for a first time litter to be 1 or 2 pups from what I have read but this is my first experience with her so not positive. For Thelma's first litter she had 6 and my Labs's first litter she had 13 so go figure.

My lab has been fixed for a few years now and the other 2 will be next, lol...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ok thanks for summing that up!! WHEW!

so did the other pup have her liter yet?

does the one that had her pup that died able to help the other pup feed the other dogs pups ... because i think that would help with her problem of not having her puppy that she is missing!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts