Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Porter came in with blue spots on him. The stains won't come out. What is it?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know at all? It appears to me to be paintball marks. Does anyone have any other ideas?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Not all paintball paint dries clear. Some of the crappier brands can stain too. What is unusual is that it's been on there for a week. Last week he was on a farm and came home with these on him. I've never seen paintball paint stay more than two days. Do they have something new that lasts longer?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Willow has been painted by paintball paint and it did not dry clear. I do not have a better idea of what that could be.

(Willow was not shot at. A couple of neighbourhood girls broke the paintballs open and used them as Willow's "make up". Ya, I let them, and yes, she loved every minute of the attention.)

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not bruising. It's on the fur too. I'm just finding it hard to believe that this "christian" lady would shoot my dog with a paintball gun. But he has all of the signs of being shot with one. I can't think of anything else that would make marks like that. He has 3 stains around his neck area.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do thank you guys for your answers. I'll have a better idea when I take Porter back to the vet tomorrow. We didn't notice it the first time I took him this week (he came home with a staph infection) because his outer coat covers the stains on his undercoat.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
It's not bruising. It's on the fur too. I'm just finding it hard to believe that this "christian" lady would shoot my dog with a paintball gun. But he has all of the signs of being shot with one. I can't think of anything else that would make marks like that. He has 3 stains around his neck area.
If a dog was shot with a paintball gun wouldn't that leave bruises? Those things hurt!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took Porter to the vet. The blue "stains" on the skin is bruising. The blue stains on the fur was probably made by paintballs. She said she's seen other cases of dogs getting hit with paintballs. She also said there was one dog that came in with cracked ribs due to being hit with a paintball gun. She did take ex-rays to make sure there wasn't any cracked or broken bones. Porter is fine, though. He is terrified to go out in the yard, though.

·
Registered
291 Posts
with fur like that I would expect to see shell and thicker paint leftover from a paintball, not to mention they generally splatter more, but I can't think of anything else. Glad she is okay!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
with fur like that I would expect to see shell and thicker paint leftover from a paintball, not to mention they generally splatter more, but I can't think of anything else. Glad she is okay!
He was on a farm for two weeks and came home like that.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about Porter. Have you called the farm and told them? I would expect a very good explaination as JK is right... paintballs would leave a big mess and someone must have seen it. They should be made aware of the incident so other dogs are not at risk. The incident should be reported to the police, not just animal control. Save the pictures you have for evidence.

That is just awful... I am glad he is okay but he must be awfully scared now. Lots of desensitization/ counter conditioning will help but it may take a while.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I never want to speak to that particular lady ever again. She used a shock collar on my dog and I have no proof that it wasn't the lady who shot my dog with the paintball gun. I have no reason to believe that the lady would be honest with me if I called and talked to her about it. Porter also came back with a staph infection. The vet said it was due to living in unsanitary conditions. She must have kept him on a different part of the farm than the one she showed me.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I'm so sorry to read about this. What a shock. I would definitely call the local authorities to get an investigation going. Abuse + unsanitary conditions have to add up to something worth checking out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts