Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
photo (1).jpg

What are these small black specks? This is a zoomed in photo of my puppys groin area. We just got him and he is a 4 month old pitbull/boxer mix. Is it flea eggs? If so i gave him a flea/tick/larvae treatment a few days ago so could they be dead and just not coming off or should i give him another treatment (the kind you put on their shoulder blades, is it ok to retreat so soon?). The specks do not wipe off easily they seem like black heads bc i can get some of them off by lifting skin up an wiping roughly. Please no obvious answers like take him to the vet, he is going to the vet soon just not within the next week or two. Also, it doesn't seem to be bothering him no itching or biting or licking.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
I think you already answered your question, cause they look like blackheads to me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Its flea dirt ..which is actually the crap of a f lea.. be sure to treat him accordingly as at least at one time he was infested pretty bad

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Or pigeon ticks. They look like pieces of pepper. Squish one between your finger and a white piece of paper. If it looks bloody, it's pigeon ticks. If it looks rusty, flea dirt.

·
Registered
49 Posts
To me it doesn't look like flea dirt because it looks, by the picture anyway, as if it's embedded at least slightly into the skin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts