Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started with this:

How the heck did he turn into this?!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
What a beautiful GSD! I love his black mask!!

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
he IS one handsome boy.....what does he weigh in at? 'bout 75?

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what does he weigh in at? 'bout 75?
He hasn't even passed 60 yet :) He's only 5 months old xD

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
He is gorgeous ... must be eating well ... growing like a weed! ... The pictures are awesome! The next to the last one with both of you looking straight at the camera is frame worthy ... for sure! :)

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's Mahler's daddy

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
He hasn't even passed 60 yet :) He's only 5 months old xD
sorry, wasn't sure on age (tho i knew he was still a pup) and it's hard to judge in pics on size......what do you think he'll reach?

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Aw look whose all grown up lol.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry, wasn't sure on age (tho i knew he was still a pup) and it's hard to judge in pics on size......what do you think he'll reach?
That's no problem :) He's got a TON of bone and substance for his age. He's going to be slightly shorter than Strauss, but there's going to be "more dog". I'm expecting him to be 90-95 lbs at a LEAN weight.

He weighs almost 60 (I need to get a weight on him) at 5 months, and he's quite lean right now, so he is definitely going to be a good size.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
He is so beautiful, seems to have a sweetness about him. As he matures how is he doing with your Tourette's? I remember you posting that a big part of the reason you chose him was his reactions to you, which were fantastic.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
seems to have a sweetness about him
Lies. I promise you.

As he matures how is he doing with your Tourette's?
Same as when we first met :) My issues don't bother him at all. I have noticed that adult dogs have a lot harder time adjusting to me, and many view me very suspiciously.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mahler got weighed today :) Doesn't weigh as much as I thought he did, but he IS on par for his age (5 months) weighing in at 51.2 lbs :D

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
I have been researching GSD a lot(I had one peviously but he came with way to much baggage long story shot owner dumped him on me without giving much info and he became to dangerous for my family. I want another one but have to make sure I research the breed a little more)! I have some questions about sables. Are they only found in the working lines? As puppy's are they really light in color and then as they age get darker? Now just for GSD'S in general. I get all dogs need exercise and training ect.. But are Show lines less "intense" by that I mean not such a big prey drive, a little calmer ect.. While the working lines are more intense when it comes to prey drive ect.?

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are they only found in the working lines?
Nope. Found in all lines.

As puppy's are they really light in color and then as they age get darker?
Depends on the individual. Mahler started out cream colored with "pepper" on his coat. His half sister Izarra was dark from the day she was born.

But are Show lines less "intense" by that I mean not such a big prey drive, a little calmer ect
Depends on the lines and the individual. I personally go for a more intense, pushy, a-hole of a dog (regardless of whether I'm getting AmLine, working line, or euro show line).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts