Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is this cut called or is it not a specific one? I would like to keep Eddee this way if his hair grows out like a Lhaso or something similar... I do not believe I will be able to do his myself ... face maybe ... not the body .... Whoever he went to did a really nice job.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hum, looks grown out from a teddybear/puppy cut:)
Yeah ... I was thinking puppy cut ( about the only one I know) ... I am not familiar with the names of other different cuts. I always did Leeo and Blu Boy myself just until they look cute! Lol! :)

I want to keep Eddee this way.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
To my knowledge it is a puppy cut.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
There is no such cut as a "puppy cut" except in poodles in a show trim, under a year old. However, it has become a popular term in the grooming world, but there is no universal meaning. What one groomer calls a "puppy cut" can be VERY different than what another calls it. To one it may be a short and smooth all over, or a very long trim on the body with longer legs and round teddy faces. Your dog is definitely grown out from a shorter trim. This is not a cut that has been done in the last month, and likely alot longer than that. Take these photos in with you and show the groomer them for reference. keep in mind that a fresh groom will not look scruffy like this, but fluffier and crisper. You will have to wait a week or so for the coat to lose the body from being fluff dried, and to get the "grown out" look will take at least 3 weeks. Very cute dog. :)

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is no such cut as a "puppy cut" except in poodles in a show trim, under a year old. However, it has become a popular term in the grooming world, but there is no universal meaning. What one groomer calls a "puppy cut" can be VERY different than what another calls it. To one it may be a short and smooth all over, or a very long trim on the body with longer legs and round teddy faces. Your dog is definitely grown out from a shorter trim. This is not a cut that has been done in the last month, and likely alot longer than that. Take these photos in with you and show the groomer them for reference. keep in mind that a fresh groom will not look scruffy like this, but fluffier and crisper. You will have to wait a week or so for the coat to lose the body from being fluff dried, and to get the "grown out" look will take at least 3 weeks. Very cute dog. :)
Thank you! ... and thank you for the advice. I will be sure to take a pic with me. I imagine I could ask for a trim if I want it to remain scruffy? :)

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Thank you! ... and thank you for the advice. I will be sure to take a pic with me. I imagine I could ask for a trim if I want it to remain scruffy? :)
Yes you can, but show specifically with your fingers how much you want trimmed off. Everyones idea of a trim can be different amounts. That is why owners get haircuts they are not happy with. Generic instructions like puppy cut and trim, which is open to interpretation. Be specific. And any fresh cut will not look scruffy until it grows out some. It will be fresh, sharp cut edges. Unless you can find someone to thinning shear everything on the dog, which is time consuming and more costly. Even that will still look different than a grown out scruffy look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts