Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I noticed that Max has a little sore on his front left paw, right between his toes.

IMG_0442[1].jpg IMG_0443[1].jpg IMG_0444[1].jpg IMG_0445[1].jpg

Sorry the pictures aren't very good, he wasn't too thrilled about us touching it. :p

Does anyone have any idea what this is/what caused it? What should I do? Just leave it or is there something I should put on it so it doesn't get infected or something?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Hard to see, but soaking in epsom salts a couple times a day might help and certainly won't hurt.

·
Banned
54 Posts
It's hard to say. There are different kinds of bumps, sores, etc. that dogs can get on their paw. That this one is on his toe could be scary - the toe and lip are the worst place for tumors. I hope you took him to a vet. The vet can draw out some material and look at it under a microscope and determine if its anything to worry about or not. Our boy dog has a growth on top of his left paw. Our vet was going to remove it but decided to do a chest x-ray because he had had a cough and found something in his lung and decided that was more serious than the growth on his paw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts