Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, it's when I have to leave for work. It breaks my heart because they are very clingy to me. How do you guys deal with separation anxiety when you leave home?

·
Banned
242 Posts
dealing with challenging behaviors, that limit what you can do what your dog and makes you question your ability to take care of your dog. Only adds stress when people make fun of you for your dogs care :).

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
They don't live long enough.

My Cassius passed away in July and I still feel like I'm just been punched in the stomach every time I think about losing him.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yup. I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring with 'they simply don't live long enough' as being the hardest thing about being owned by a dog. All the day to day stuff? Nothing in comparison.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Trying to give my dogs a normal life while living in a trailer trash neighborhood of a dog hating culture.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The final good bye, by far.
We just had to say Good Bye to 2 of our dogs last month. One due to cancer and one due to Degenerative Spinal Cord.

We knew it was coming for both dogs, and ended up getting a puppy 6 weeks ahead of time, to help one of our remaining dogs make the transition. Our dog with cancer was her best friend, and our younger dog was getting depressed because she couldn't play anymore. Getting the puppy was a great help to her. Not to mention, you can't help being happy around a bouncy, silly puppy. I still miss my dog like crazy, but the puppy is a great distraction.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts