Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might seem like a weird question but I'm looking at harnesses online and I can't really find any information on the internet on chest size. I'm thinking a male dog so probably more on the larger scale?

·
Registered
358 Posts
If you are considering an adult you just have to measure him. My female Aussie is large for the breed and has a 30 inch chest size and 60 pounds. She is almost as big the average female rough Collie. Not as tall but stockier. Mine has a very heavy coat especially in the winter so you will probably need a couple harnesses. We have three plus a backpack. A lady that trains with us has three for her Rough Collie too.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sounds great, I'll probably go for the bigger sizes then. And I was also looking at getting three harnesses and a backpack for a job to do!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I Use the backpack mostly for exercise. Dogs aren't made for carrying heavy loads so 10% of their weight is max. Work up to it, it's hard on their legs. I use water bottles for weight. Then we stop and have a break, using up some water and weight.
Ours is Ruffwear brand.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Seriously? Why even bother answering if you are going to be this much of an ass?!
You revive a four year old thread just to insult a long-term member as your first post here? Nice first impression.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts