Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Since we have not found any 'real' (as in non-decorative) winter coats that will fit Nea, (she had to go and be a weird 'in between' size of everything we've ordered or seen in stores -- either they fit lengthwise and and are hugely baggy, or else they fit her snugly and are way too short on the back leaving her half naked) her only present this year is going to be one of these winter coats. I'm sure she'd prefer an edible present but them's the breaks.

Luckily Icesis is a normal-dog size so we don't need to get one for her -- and she has two four-legged snowsuits already. =P

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ordered a Kong wobbler, a Kong extreme bone, various Nylabones, and a whole mess of soft toys and rope toys.

They're also getting special snacks and meat, or maybe some fish. I'm going to make them some cookies, too, not sure what kind yet, I have a lot of dog cookie recipes somewhere.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Every year I wrap an extra large canning jar of dog treats (cookies, home made liver/heart jerky, and pizzles) and wrap it up. I make one for my dog, one for my mothers dog, and one for my sister's dog. I'm also distributing 15 various Halloween-themed plush dog toys (I removed the stuffing and sewed them back up) between the three dogs. I purchased these toys for $1 a day after Halloween (clearance sale)

Aura is also getting Tugga Wubba (Pic below) shes already has two wubbas (one classic, one 'Halloween themed' that I got for $3 a day after Halloween!) so she'll love it.

Also Aura is also getting 100lbs of raw meaty soup bones from the butcher (I recently ran out, so now's a good time to stock up. They practically give them away anyhow)

And finally, I've ordered boomerang collar tags (pic below) for both my sister's dog and my dog. I've wanted these for quite some time!

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
This will be the first year (we moved from a house to an apt) that the girls will have access to the tree. So far they have left the tree untouched (it is fake) - but presents I'm unsure about. I hesitate to put anything expensive down (such as my husband's electronic gift) and if I put theirs down I'm sure they will smell it and know it is theirs and proceed to unwrap it. I have a feeling presents will stay in my bedroom closet until right before we unwrap them - we will probably put them down, take some pics (while watching the girls) and then unwrap them. Too much of a temptation for my girls...

Lol! Benny grabbed a blue bulb off of the tree a few days back! He must have thought it was a ball. Had to chase him down to get it back. Wasn't any good; glad they are all plastic! :)

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Since we have not found any 'real' (as in non-decorative) winter coats that will fit Nea, (she had to go and be a weird 'in between' size of everything we've ordered or seen in stores -- either they fit lengthwise and and are hugely baggy, or else they fit her snugly and are way too short on the back leaving her half naked) her only present this year is going to be one of these winter coats. I'm sure she'd prefer an edible present but them's the breaks

Luckily Icesis is a normal-dog size so we don't need to get one for her -- and she has two four-legged snowsuits already. =P

Wow ... those are really nice looking coats! :) My little dogs are in between sizes also. It is really hard shopping for them. :(

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Santa came early this year and gave Kit a nice warm coat, which she LOVES!

Oh, and trial entry fee for a NADAC agility trial this weekend. Wish us luck!

·
Registered
731 Posts
My dogs are getting-stuffies, ropes, hooves, large rawhide rolls, bullysticks, box of sandwich cookies with peanut butter cream, jerkies.

I got my MILs dogs some squeakies. I'm going to get my moms dogs some chicken jerkies.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
GottaLuvMutts - Good luck at the trials ... and that picture is beautiful! :)

Tha coat is pretty too. ... plaid and paisly are my favorites. :) Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
My dogs are getting-stuffies, ropes, hooves, large rawhide rolls, bullysticks, box of sandwich cookies with peanut butter cream, jerkies.

I got my MILs dogs some squeakies. I'm going to get my moms dogs some chicken jerkies.
Lots of yummy stuff! :) Careful of the chicken jerky treats! ... due to the recent recall. :(

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Santa's still paying off the brand new fence he got for our resident Houdini... but he's still probably going to get them some new winter jackets.
Houdini opens doors too ... right! Lol! :) I believe I remember watching the video. :)

While I was away yesterday I came home to Abbylynn walking around the room. She broke out of her crate? She managed to break and bend the one whole side and squeezed between the two sides ... luckily she only has a small puncture wound on her front leg. ( nothing major) I am just putting some Excel hydrocortisone salve on it.

I am also suprised how NOTHING was touched ... she proved how good of a girl she is! I am thrilled! :)

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Every year I wrap an extra large canning jar of dog treats (cookies, home made liver/heart jerky, and pizzles) and wrap it up. I make one for my dog, one for my mothers dog, and one for my sister's dog. I'm also distributing 15 various Halloween-themed plush dog toys (I removed the stuffing and sewed them back up) between the three dogs. I purchased these toys for $1 a day after Halloween (clearance sale)

Aura is also getting Tugga Wubba (Pic below) shes already has two wubbas (one classic, one 'Halloween themed' that I got for $3 a day after Halloween!) so she'll love it.

Also Aura is also getting 100lbs of raw meaty soup bones from the butcher (I recently ran out, so now's a good time to stock up. They practically give them away anyhow)

And finally, I've ordered boomerang collar tags (pic below) for both my sister's dog and my dog. I've wanted these for quite some time!

This is a great idea with the stuffies! :) Shopping after the Holidays is great to do for the next year! :)

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I ordered a Kong wobbler, a Kong extreme bone, various Nylabones, and a whole mess of soft toys and rope toys.

They're also getting special snacks and meat, or maybe some fish. I'm going to make them some cookies, too, not sure what kind yet, I have a lot of dog cookie recipes somewhere.
I made those salmon cookies and the dogs LOVE them! More good doggies! :)

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
Houdini opens doors too ... right! Lol! :) I believe I remember watching the video. :)
Actually, believe it or not it was Maisy. She's little, just over half his size, and could sail over the old fence (4 1/2' chain link) like it wasn't even there. :/ If she manages to get over the 6' privacy fence, Santa gives up, he's just giving her a GPS next Christmas so she can get home. :p

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Actually, believe it or not it was Maisy. She's little, just over half his size, and could sail over the old fence (4 1/2' chain link) like it wasn't even there. :/ If she manages to get over the 6' privacy fence, Santa gives up, he's just giving her a GPS next Christmas so she can get home. :p
Lol! ........ :)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Here is what santa is bring Koda :)
I wish this came in people sizes its THAT soft

the x-mas toys are only out for him till old xmas so technically those 2 are only to switch things up :)

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
There are GoughNuts on the way for Caeda....of course if they show up before Christmas I'm not sure I'll be able to wait to see how she likes them :D

We're also going to grab some more beef knuckles, she needs some more tough plush toys (she finally destroyed her last one!). A pulling harness :D
I'll be making more treats for her too.

Going to be a good christmas.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well it's kinda for the musher and the dogs but we're getting a new dog sled! :whoo:

Other than that I'm not sure...I'm not the only "Santa" involved here... ;)

41 - 59 of 59 Posts