Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well this year we're getting Bella a new bed and a soft,thick fleece blanket for it and maybe a doggy hot water bottle as she only has three legs and is getting quite old now so needs some new creature comforts. As for Jukes - well he's getting a new nina ottoson puzzle toy - lucky doggy and perhaps a vinyl santa thing that I saw in one of the shops for $3 :)

Plus we're going to a doggy Christmas party to raise money for the shelter where we got Bella - that will mean baking some doggy cake and cookies and I will buy them both a stuffed toy at my favourite stall - these are always destroyed within a week but hey - it's Christmas.
Those lucky Doggies! They must be on the " Nice " list this year. :)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hopefully Santa sneaks in and cuts Niko's testicles off
HAHAHAHA I wish the same for Dreizehn. I"m determined to wait until 18 months to get him fixed but I don't want to D:

As for gifts from Santa I can honestly say that I don't know! I'm doing a Secret Santa on the Doberman-specific forum that I use and since I spent far too much on my "victim" I am relying on Dreizehn's Secret Santa to treat him well. Based on the list that I submitted he should get at least a new Kong and leash (though, that's mostly for me). I"ve been looking at pictures on the forum from last years SS and I"m pretty sure he'll get spoiled. I'm kind of excited, actually, because it will be a surprise for him and for me!

He will be getting a stocking full of milk bones, however.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
PatchworkRobot - I hope Dreizehn Christmas wish list is fulfilled! ... everything on Santa's list! :) Hope you both have a blast! :)

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Hopefully Santa sneaks in and cuts Niko's testicles off
Hahahaha! Agreed!

With all the unexpected vet bills this year we are not going to be able to do much for the pups (and cat) this year. Damon will be getting a fleece blanket (he gets cold easy and he chewed a HUGE hole into mine). He will also be getting a new toy rope and a ball. Sophie will be getting a stuffed toy, and a new rope. They both will be getting homemade dog biscuits. Our cat Bubby will be getting a few cat toys and catnip.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hahahaha! Agreed!

With all the unexpected vet bills this year we are not going to be able to do much for the pups (and cat) this year. Damon will be getting a fleece blanket (he gets cold easy and he chewed a HUGE hole into mine). He will also be getting a new toy rope and a ball. Sophie will be getting a stuffed toy, and a new rope. They both will be getting homemade dog biscuits. Our cat Bubby will be getting a few cat toys and catnip.
Sounds familiar, ... unnexpected vet bills and unexpected return " Devil's Dog!" Ha Ha Ha! ..... it is the thought that counts. :) Those dogs DO have a way with the blankets don't they? :) Mine like rugs. Lol!

Hope you all have a Wonderful Holiday Season. :)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Hmm...
Well Santa doesn't stop at my house :p
But the girls will probably get a few new antlers (their current ones are almost gone - so a for sure hit!)
I think some treats from the dog bakery will be in order
And maybe a few new toys...
I'd love to get Sierra a coat - but I just can't find her one that fits right...

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hmm...
Well Santa doesn't stop at my house :p
But the girls will probably get a few new antlers (their current ones are almost gone - so a for sure hit!)
I think some treats from the dog bakery will be in order
And maybe a few new toys...
I'd love to get Sierra a coat - but I just can't find her one that fits right...
I am sure they will appreciate the gifts whether Santa comes or not! :) Coats and sweaters are a pain to fit, I know, I was hunting for one so the two little dogs did not have to keep sharing the one sweater they do have. :/ They out grew one sweater. But they aren't even making them with sleeves this year. :( I may have to break down and crochet one ... finding the time is another story! Lol! :)

Have a Happy Holiday Season! :)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Coats and sweaters are a pain to fit, I know, I was hunting for one so the two little dogs did not have to keep sharing the one sweater they do have. :/ They out grew one sweater. But they aren't even making them with sleeves this year. :( I may have to break down and crochet one ... finding the time is another story! Lol! :)

Have a Happy Holiday Season! :)
Thanks!
I really want one that covers her stomach as that is wear she has the "baldest" skin and it is closest to the snow. Those are hard to find.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks!
I really want one that covers her stomach as that is wear she has the "baldest" skin and it is closest to the snow. Those are hard to find.
You know what I thought about doing to solve the bare belly issue? Using a knitted leg warmer and adding sleeves! :)

·
Registered
801 Posts
My pup will get a leopard print fleece blanket (CVS has some thin one's for $2.50 each), a puzzle, a squeaky toy, some home-made biscuits and a raw meaty bone. She'll also get to eat some canned BB Turkey Day Feast for her meals. She might get another sweater or some booties for when we go hiking too.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
My pup will get a leopard print fleece blanket (CVS has some thin one's for $2.50 each), a puzzle, a squeaky toy, some home-made biscuits and a raw meaty bone. She'll also get to eat some canned BB Turkey Day Feast for her meals. She might get another sweater or some booties for when we go hiking too.
Another lucky pup on the " Nice " list! :) :) :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I will try to find some nice bones for them. Maybe I'll get Tessa a squeeky toy, even if she will destroy it in 48 hours.
It's hard to get presents for Maggie. She doesn't like toys, and she doesn't like food that much. Maybe a nice comfy doggy bed.

I am sure Tessa will love unwrapping presents. But I'll be careful with that. My childhood dog loved it so much that for years we could not leave any presents under the Christmas tree or they would be unwrapped. All of them.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Wow sure are a lot of spoiled pooches here!! :)

Since I won't be spending X-mas with my boys for the 3rd year in a row, I went and bought them new toys lastnight. The Kong Wubba's... Haven't tried these ones yet, Thumper DESTROYS everything. He had one of those "indestructible" firehose toys and I came home to it shredded into a million peices yesterday..so lets see how long the Wubba lasts. In about 10 minutes he had nearly all of the little "tails" torn off it lastnight..Ughhh. I need some tips for some very, or nearly indestructible toys lol.

I also stocked up on raw food lastnight and the breeder had gotten "Christmas Goose with Cranberries" for the holidays since its only a specialty item for Christmas I decided to buy some so that is another holiday treat for them. I'm glad its goose and not turkey because I don't like feeding them raw chicken or turkey, but they seem to do okay on birds like goose, quail and duck though.

I'm also taking my boys on a little road trip/weekend getaway to the Rockies this weekend to visit Grandpa in the woods. They enjoy barking and chasing off all the elk, moose and deer that hide out in my Dad's property, so it should be an enjoyable trip for them. I'm sure Grandpa & StepGrandma will have presents for them too.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Faolan is getting the walky dog bike leash, some boots to protect his paws while using said bike leash, and a new harness (ruff wear webmaster) since he pulls so bad I am afraid that if we continue walking him using his collar he will cause damage to his neck.

Legend is getting his favorite doggie treats and lots of love :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
It makes me so happy to see dogs get excited to get a new present! This year Noodle is getting a new Kong toy, a bully stick and a dog ramp which should be arriving any day now. (Okay, the ramp is for me...I couldn't stand watching her jump off the couch anymore--I have a panic attack when she jumps.)

Hopefully, after I talk to him, Santa will agree that Noodle needs a new, nicer bed, maybe with memory foam! I will try to convince Santa that her puppy days of eating and peeing in her beds are over!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I am sure Tessa will love unwrapping presents. But I'll be careful with that. My childhood dog loved it so much that for years we could not leave any presents under the Christmas tree or they would be unwrapped. All of them.
This will be the first year (we moved from a house to an apt) that the girls will have access to the tree. So far they have left the tree untouched (it is fake) - but presents I'm unsure about. I hesitate to put anything expensive down (such as my husband's electronic gift) and if I put theirs down I'm sure they will smell it and know it is theirs and proceed to unwrap it. I have a feeling presents will stay in my bedroom closet until right before we unwrap them - we will probably put them down, take some pics (while watching the girls) and then unwrap them. Too much of a temptation for my girls...

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Several smoked knuckle and femur bones. Oliver will have to get a new can of tennis balls. He is like a Golden Retriever, he has to have a tennis ball in the mouth most of the time. ha ha Carsten will likely NEED another 1000 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts. He is on a mild diet of boiled chicken and Turkey breasts and rice. This is not torture for him, he loves it. He will think Santa is generous.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Wow! ....just got back home ...there sure are a lot if lucky pups so far this year! I just know they appreciate it! :) If I mention the word " Santa " my two small dogs start running around looking at the candy dishes! LOl! :) Of course they only get a little taste of a hard tack or two. :)

21 - 40 of 59 Posts