Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst I make Christmas cookies and must wait in between batches I thought I would sit down at the computer ... I was thinking it would be fun to hear what Santa is bringing our dearly beloved pups!

My four are each getting a stuffie ( that will only last under five minutes before stuffing is everywhere ... Hey, it's Christmas! :) ) ... and a squeakie toy for each.

Mine LOVE to unwrap presents. Lol!

Santa is not rich this year. :( It is the thought that counts! :)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Santa will be fleeing from Alberta's wicked cold to vacation property in Florida over X-mas and leaving the poochies behind at a breeder's kennel LOL. Merry X-Mas boys! I'd honestly LOVE to bring my dogs to Florida with me sometime, I know they would absolutely Love lounging in the sun by the pool and I dream of taking them to offleash beach areas, and not to mention our yard down there is bigger than any yard they've ever seen here, and I'm sure they would get a kick out of chasing and hunting lizzards and snakes around in the yard because they would be complete foreign creatures to them.. but unfortunately it is double the cost to fly two dogs down there then it is to have them at the dogsitters, and they would have to get their rabies and whatever other vaccinations required down there that they do not need here, and I'm hesitant to give them the rabies vaccinations period so... but, one day I will save up the extra cash to fly them down with us too and suck it up and get their rabies and what not. I know it would probably be totally worth it.

Anyways.. My dogs are spoiled enough as it is they won't be getting anything special for x-mas (I'm a bad mommy aren't I?) LOL.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol! :) They will be having a vacation of their own ... this still counts. :) They can dream of another year!:)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Hehe yeah, actually they do enjoy being at the kennel. They stay at the breeder whom I purchased my Shiba from. Cash loves it, as it was his first home and he gets to chum it up with all his old kennel buds, and Thumper is treated like an alien amongst the Shiba crew but he absolutely enjoys terrorizing them. The breeder loves having them both. Cash used to be her baby too as he was one of her former breeding/show dogs, and she likes having Thumper around because it gets the Shiba pups who will be placed in new homes at some point exposed and socialized with different dogs. So all is good I suppose. Plus, my Mom is staying at our place in FL for the winter (we actually partially own it with her), and she has her 3 Pomeranians down there with her so having 5 dogs in the house would be.... not so relaxing LOL. But yes, one day they will make the trip down, preferrably when I have the chance to stay longer than 2 weeks when it would then be the same price or cheaper to bring them rather then board them.

It is always nice to have time away from them though... I can admit :)

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can agree ... and admit ... being I am home 24/7 ... Saturday grocery shopping ... is like a vacation! Lol! :)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I am going to make 2 kinds of cookies for Aidan. He is also getting a stuffed squeaking Santa and a hard plastic ball that talks or sings or something. Pupperoni treat sticks, which he loves and rarely gets.

He needs to get a lot of stuff that he can unwrap. He'll probably ignore the contents while he tears up the wrapping paper and tries to wrestle the kids' gifts from them.

I wish someone would invent grain, soy, and corn free, healthy, low-calorie, edible, venison or rabbit or dead stinky fish flavored wrapping paper for dogs.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You'd better patent that idea ... you just broadcast it on the internet! Lol! :)

Looks like Aiden was a good boy this year! :)

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Some treats and toys. And the kind of stuffed toys where he won't demolish them in two days. There's a good store about ten minutes away and the stuffed animals are for humans, but I discovered that Luke won't tear into them after a few months, they're that well made. So that's where I'll be headed for Christmas for him. I have to decide if he gets two small ones or just one big one as I'm looking for a new job and money is tight now.

But yeah, that's what Luke will be getting.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is great for Luke ...

with four dogs, and the fourth was unexpected to be coming back home to me, ... and all the vet bills this year, ... me too ... funds are tight. I am sure Luke will still enjoy. :) :)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
To much stuff!!

They get one big (ie. expensive gift a year) but they are getting two this year because one is really for me.

Car seats are the for me and them gift.

And a wooden interactive toy hand made in Seattle

Then for their stocking stuffer they will get cookies, bully stick, snozzle, a tug each and a squeaky ball.

·
Registered
11,257 Posts
A Ruffwear coat which I had to try on him as soon as it came in the mail....

And my dad is baking him pumpkin-peanut butter treats :)

He'll probably get some chew toys and rope toys from some other friends and family.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Taco doesn't play with toys so he'll probably get a pack of his favorite liver treats and a new sweater.
Yummy! ... I managed to make that salmon cookie recipe ... my pups love them. :) I may still make a doggie pumpkin pie. :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
I am hoping for a new bed for my Sadie. Other than that, a new ball on a rope!! Her last one died a few weeks ago, her fav toy. Squeeky? Mommy made the mistake of getting her one that was NOT supposed to loose it squeek, has 4!! COUNT THEM!! 4 squeekers in it!! She loves it, mostly when we are trying to watch a movie! lol. Plus I am going to try to make some doggy treats for her too. OH and some new TENNIS BALLS!! Yes, I am cheap. It is the thought that counts, even for our fur-kids, isnt it? Oh and I would love to get her one of those "puzzle box toys" for her, get her brain on something becides ppl food! Havent seen any in the stores around here, only online. :-(

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am hoping for a new bed for my Sadie. Other than that, a new ball on a rope!! Her last one died a few weeks ago, her fav toy. Squeeky? Mommy made the mistake of getting her one that was NOT supposed to loose it squeek, has 4!! COUNT THEM!! 4 squeekers in it!! She loves it, mostly when we are trying to watch a movie! lol. Plus I am going to try to make some doggy treats for her too. OH and some new TENNIS BALLS!! Yes, I am cheap. It is the thought that counts, even for our fur-kids, isnt it?
Yes .... it is the thought that counts! :) My pups toys are from Marc's and the Dollar Tree. Lol! :) I would like for them to have a huge tug rope! But the prices are outrageous for what becomes a rag in a week! Lol! :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well this year we're getting Bella a new bed and a soft,thick fleece blanket for it and maybe a doggy hot water bottle as she only has three legs and is getting quite old now so needs some new creature comforts. As for Jukes - well he's getting a new nina ottoson puzzle toy - lucky doggy and perhaps a vinyl santa thing that I saw in one of the shops for $3 :)

Plus we're going to a doggy Christmas party to raise money for the shelter where we got Bella - that will mean baking some doggy cake and cookies and I will buy them both a stuffed toy at my favourite stall - these are always destroyed within a week but hey - it's Christmas.

·
Registered
11,257 Posts
Yes .... it is the thought that counts! :) My pups toys are from Marc's and the Dollar Tree. Lol! :) I would like for them to have a huge tug rope! But the prices are outrageous for what becomes a rag in a week! Lol! :)
Try getting a cotton blend rope from a farm store, usually about $1 per foot. Made for using as lead ropes etc.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts