Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I posted earlier on the tail end of another post and probably shouldn't have. Sorry for the repeat! I'm new here!

So we are picking up our new dog on Saturday June 6th....she's a rescue dog from down South (Louisiana). They call her a schnauzer/bouvier des flanders mix. She looks like a labradoodle to me?

She's 8 months old and weighs 23lbs.

What do ya'll think??

Attachments

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Schnauzer/Poodle seems right to me too. Bouviers are not common, I doubt she's part Bouvier.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We're excited! We had to put our beautiful lab of 13.5 years, Sadie, down about 7 weeks ago. My husband is a little hesitant, but I think it's definitely time to give a good home to a dog that needs it!

I have an appt with the vet on Tuesday for a check up and maybe he can shed some light on it too. I'll keep you posted!

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
She does look Schnauzer-ish, but I've also seen Lab/Poodle mixes that looked just like her. How big is she?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She looks small in the photo to me....they say she's 23 lbs. She's coming up here to Maine from Louisiana. She's in a foster home down there. I have an appt with our vet on Tuesday and maybe he can help determine.

She's a mystery our Stella!

Mary

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
If she's only 23 pounds at that age, she's not part Bouvier, LOL. Not even if mixed with a miniature Schnauzer. Might be easier to see what breeds could be in her if she gets a closer haircut.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If she's only 23 pounds at that age, she's not part Bouvier, LOL. Not even if mixed with a miniature Schnauzer. Might be easier to see what breeds could be in her if she gets a closer haircut.
This I agree with, all the bouviers in town are massive dogs, one boy "Elmo" is HUGE, but he's so cute and friendly lol.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I think she is a Schnoodle! (Schnauzer and Poodle) And a very cute one at that! This is a picture of my Standard Schnauzer, she is about 38 lbs.

I see a similarity to Stella..:)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think you're right on the Schnoodle!!!! The Bouvier part was throwing me off because of everything I've read they keep mentioning how big they are....and to be 23lbs at 8 months....seems like Stella is going to be a small girl.

We pick her up in two days! Can't wait!!!! I'll post more photos after we get her home!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well Stella is here!!!!! We picked her up Saturday and she is wonderful!!!!! We are head over heels in love with her!

Still no idea what she is. She's small with long legs? Taking her to her first vet visit tonight.

She's so awesome I'm blogging about her!

http://stellalind.wordpress.com/

I'll post again if the vet has any guesses as to what our girl is. I am leaning towards the schnauzer/poodle mix.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Where do you live? we have loads of bouviers in my town, I can think of 13 off the top of my head and know there are more that I have forgotten.
Wow, really? I live in New York. I suppose it could be a regional thing but I have honestly never even heard of someone owning one, even through the internet.

Will check out your blog Flamingo. I am an avid blogger of all things Marge so I always love to meet new people and follow their dogs' stories. :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
I checked out Stella's blog and she is adorable! I can relate to the energy... we went from a very chilled out, 12 y/o chocolate lab to a 13 week old boxer puppy! Boy were we in for a change!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Wow she is darn CUTE!! I agree, she's probably a Schnoodle :) I checked out your blog, I might have to become a regular if you keep posting so many ADORABLE photos of her!!!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
She is awful cute! And so sweet! I just look at her little face and can't believe that her former owners gave her up, but I'm so happy they did!!!!

Yes, I will continue to post photos and stories of Stella at

http://stellalind.wordpress.com/

We are head over heels in love with that little dog!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts