Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just adopted this puppy on saturday, i havent even taken him home yet because they have to neuter him first. i get him Wednesday evening. he's 4 months old and 40lbs already. they said he's a "chow/mix" i've owned two chow mixes before and I think the combination of red hair and black spotted tonque seem to be a giveaway. but ive never had one quite like this. you can see hes kinda fluffy around the ears like hes got longer fur because of the chow. but the eyes and muzzle are definitely of the other/unknown breed. im thinking lab or shepard? maybe someone here with some more experience might be able to offer some better insight. i'd appreciate it. wonder how big he's gonna be...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Looks a lot like the chowxshepherd this person has on another forum I am on.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Well he is not my dog, and I wouldn't know where to begin to find a picture of him.

·
Registered
586 Posts
lol, Good ol shepherdX. Maybe some mastiff, if he's already 40lbs at 4 months. But besides the coloring, not much looks mastiff about him.

·
Registered
508 Posts
any telling what size he'll be at this rate?
I think I read somewhere that the rule of thumb is at 4 months, a puppy is approximately half the size he'll be full grown. So I would guesstimate he'll be about 80 pounds as an adult. That's not an absolute failsafe method though, so don't quote me on that! That's the problem with getting a puppy, you really don't know what size they'll be, temperament, etc. like you do with adults. He's really cute though! Good luck with him!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts