Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We adopted Dessa from the Humane society 11 months ago. At that time she was 2 months old and 10 pounds. We were told that she was a apbt. As she is getting older we believe that she may possibly be mixed with something else. She is now just over a year old, 60 pounds, very tall, and very lean and athletic. She has a ton of energy, loves to swim, loves every dog and every person she meet. She can run circles around you and jump onto a table from a standing position. She is a beautiful dog. We think she may possibly be a Pit bull Greyhound mix. What do you think?

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
She looks similar to a dog we have at our shelter that some of us were discussing and believe her to be a Whippet x Pit, all though heavier. This is not my area though so one of the Pit owners will probably have a better guess for you.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Before I scrolled down and saw your Greyhound guess, just from the picture I thought she has some sighthound in her. She doesn't look that big. . .I'd say more likely Italian Greyhound or Whippet, not Greyhound. Greyhounds are surprisingly big.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
It's hard to say she may be pure but she does look possibly mixed with some of her features. Though she doesn't have the deep chest of a greyhound.
It's impossible to know for sure. At 60lbs she is large for a female APBT, though I've had a 55lber it's not impossible but your girl is only about a year and has some growing and filling out to do mainly.
Do you have any side pics and front standing up?
Is she black or blue it's hard to tell in the photo. Blue Pits tend to be on the bigger side typically. And if she is indeed a mix that narrows down the possible breeds she's mixed with and gives you a limited number to go through.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts