Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

We adopted Tiki from another family that needed to find a good home for her. They told us she was a papillon, but from what I researched about papillons they're normally a lot smaller than this. My best guess is some kind of papillon mix? Maybe papillon/border collie? No idea. I'll post a link so you can see a few pics of what she looks like. Any help would be great, it's been bugging me for a while... I figured if anybody would know by just looking at her, it'd be someone from this forum. :)

Links below:

http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k499/hmlouise/

^ I hope that works. Thanks!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
There's a Papillon expert somewhere around here that I'm sure will pipe up shortly :) I don't know the first thing about Papillons, but I do know that not all dogs are breed-standard size.. some breeders intentionally breed them to be extra huge, or fail to make them as small as they ought to be. Its a possibility. Either way, you've got yourself a very pretty little dog :) Congratulations on the new family member!

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Hard to tell. How big is she? Do you have a full body shot of her standing?

Her head doesn't look all papillon to me, even for some of the non well bred dogs I've known. She has a short muzzle, very small ears for the breed, and her head is very blocky.

I would say papillon mix with something stouter and shorter coated. I almost want to say boston terrier. but I definitely see papillon in there too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
She looks all Pap to me. The pics could be better though.
I know. The only camera I have right now is built-in to my laptop screen. I'm trying to chase her around and line up shots at the same time - I'm sorry, haha. I just added some more pics to the same link... some are blurrier but I was trying to show her size. I'll add some more in a little while if I can get some better poses. There's TWO pages of pics now... The 3 clearest pics are on the 2nd page so don't forget to click 'Next'.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Do you know how much she weighs or how tall she is at the shoulders?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know how much she weighs or how tall she is at the shoulders?
I couldn't even give you an educated guess... I'm not much help, I'm sorry. :( I'd say maybe 15lbs? How would I go about accurately measuring her at the shoulders? I pulled out my mother's old measuring tape from her sewing kit. From where to where do I measure? lol.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Just from the floor to the withers (shoulder area). Just pretty much straight up the front legs to the shoulder.

15 lbs is totally not uncommon for a purebred papillon either. I've known them up to 20 lbs. Show dogs are usually smaller (10 and under) but I've met tons of larger ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts