Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my guesses, which I will keep to myself for now, but it's just been on my mind lately, so let's see your opinions DFers!. She's 3 years old and about 50#.

Sorry for the picture overload, I was trying to show her from all angles.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Plott hound is what is see majority wise. In the first picture she kindof looks like a black and brindle labrador.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Dobie/Rott.......my guess.....looks a LOT like mine. Everybody probably thinks I have Dobie/Rott on the brain! Lol! Dobies can have that lean look about them too because of the Greyhound in their backgrounds.

By the way.....nice looking dog!

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
My guess is Rott/Dobe and some kind of hound

·
Registered
392 Posts
Plott hounds are not that common...at least not that I know of. I would say Dobe/Rottie, with maybe some Pit Bull thrown in there? The brindle coloring and that first shot of her head make me think there's a little Pit. Then again, Rotties have "chunkier" heads too, so....?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
The first picture she looks SOOOOO very much like Porter in the face. But after that not so much. I'm not sure at all what I think she is.

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, everyone. When we got her, our guess was rottie/beagle with possibly a little lab (seems like every mix in MN has lab in it), but I'm not so sure of that anymore. As she's matured she's stayed so slender and tends towards being too thin, although she's muscular. I do think there's some hound of some sort in there. At times her face looks very rottie to me and at other times it looks very dobe. I've had a number of people ask if she's a Plott hound or mix because of her brindling and body shape... I didn't think they were common enough around here for that to be very likely but apparently there are people in Minnesota and Wisconsin who use Plotts to hunt bear, and she was pulled from a rural animal control, so I don't know. She does have kind of a houndy bark, but doesn't bay. She does tree small furry things -- like, practically tries to climb up the tree trunk trees them. But a couple of times I swear I've seen her point, too. :/

Anyway, just a thought exercise. I lurve her no matter what. :)

She could be mine.
Nay.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Pointing can be a learned behavior as well an innate one, my bulldogs will point sometimes, which I believe they learned from the weimies.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Maisy is really pretty. She looks a lot like my Roe, mixed with a Rottie. Roe is a mix. Her littermate tested boxer/lab and their mom seemed to have some sort of am staff bully (small bit) Roe looks to have some hound in her definitely.

Rott/hound/lab is my guess :)

i wuv her

1 - 20 of 26 Posts