Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He made himself at home on my doorstep and hasn't even thought about leaving in over a week now. I took him to the vet and had him scanned for microchips but he doesn't have any. I guess I'm keeping him, we've named him Duke!

Any breed guesses? The vet we took him to says maybe german shepherd/pit bull. Others have said Lab, I kind of see some chihuahua! Maybe i'm just nuts. What do ya'll think? He appears to be about 5 months old based on teeth growth (pre molars are in, back molars aren't cut yet) and weighs about 20 lbs. He is almost all white except the light tan saddle on his back.

·
Banned
251 Posts
Oh my GAWSH, lookit those EARS!

If I didn't know any better, I would SWEAR you had photoshopped this pic! :p

I would say shepherd, but the ears are throwing me off....

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
He does have the chihuahua ears going on, doesn't he, LoL! So does my Boston terrier/minpin mix & it's so cute!

I'm not good at breed guessing, but Duke is beautiful & looks very healthy!

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I'm thinking White German Shepherd / Bunny mix. :D :D

GSDs can have huge ears when they're young. They will eventually grow into them... hopefully.

He is absolutely adorable!

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
The tan saddle screams white GSD. That along with the tan ears makes me think white GSD for sure.

Buck has exactly the same coloring.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
white gsd and pitty. the ears have to be gsd. they can be very tall like that when young. i do see pitty in the eyes and some in the head. gsd hair. good guess from the vet!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Just gotta echo what other's have said. Look at those EARS!!

I was thinking you had something blowing them up or whatever... adorable!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Lemme tell ya about ears...

There was a period of just a few weeks that I swear Sierra was related to a rabbit!

What a beautiful puppy, though! You are so very lucky - dog, rabbit, kangaroo.. no matter what he is mixed with!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yup, gotta agree with the bunny ears! lol. I remember when my GSD had ears like that. I wish I had pictures.

Im gonna White GSD like everyone else, only, my vote is gonna be Am Staff instead of APBT......

I know, lots of debate on that front...im sure for a different thread though...

He sure is a cutie!!

I would take pics every so often to see how the ears change.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Certainly must be related to Shaina's Webster!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts