Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He has, literally, spent the last 30 minutes moaning in different pitches and wagging his tail from side to side slowly while staring at me.

He looks even sillier doing it while he's lying all flat and his head on his paws and his moaning and wagging his tail.

Now he's trying shorter moans. Almost staccato. And now a squeak. Oh, back to the looooong moans like he's some siren-with-a-sore-throat or something.

He's already eaten. He's been out. There's nothing like a dog or cat or Dora on TV.

Oh here he goes again. Oh NOW he's making that sound I can't hear. (I can hear air moving from his nose but no sound I can hear coming out - like a dog whistle).

What is it?? I need to teach this dog to go get a card with a word on it so he can "tell" me what he wants or something.

Finally, I was like "what is it already?" He looked at me panting and all dog laughing (HAH HAH HAH) spun around as was all like "HA HA I MADE YOU LOOK AT ME AND SAY SOMETHING *trollface*"

Trolled by a dog. Sad.

And he's doing it again. LOL. Still don't know what he actually wants, though. Unless he just wants to troll! :lalala:

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
He wants a treat. :) ..............

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
He wants a treat. :) ..............
Must be getting bold in his old age lol.

Oh for crying out loud - it was for him to go over to his area in front of the TV. I put out an extra sheepskin rug there and he lays on it sometimes.

I guess I was in the way and he must have thought I was shaping when I was just trying to get some work done.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
No trolling as we came back from our walk.

I knew what he wanted this time. He heard something moving in the garden. Not sure what it was or if we chased it out (we stopped hearing it move and I got a stick and moved it among the taller/thicker growth in the garden and got no reaction from the "thing". Only from Wally running over to where I was (maybe hoping it would come out). I had him bark (last time this happened, he barked on his own and scared it into moving), but nothing happened this time.

Not often I see him like that - hyper alert, sniffing super hard, eyes as big as dinner plates, and tail curled all up over his back. He had fun while I was wondering what it is/was and if it's gone. I noticed him sniffing over in that direction during the day but the "thing" moved tonight.

Sure put a new spin on "find it". It was nice to have that cue, though, for him sniffing around to show me places to try to whack with the stick to drive it out. He found where it must have been because he hovered over a spot among the garden, but whatever it was was gone.

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
Must be getting bold in his old age lol.

Oh for crying out loud - it was for him to go over to his area in front of the TV. I put out an extra sheepskin rug there and he lays on it sometimes.

I guess I was in the way and he must have thought I was shaping when I was just trying to get some work done.
Lol! Wally is such a sweetheart! It is so great when your dog can communicate in many ways. :)

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I love Wally.

I swear Muggsy used to troll me. He'd walk around looking guilty, so I'd go nuts trying to figure out where he peed or what he got into. It would get to the point where'd I'd be counting medication in the bottle just in case and he'd spin around in circles, laugh and then lay down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts