Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my baby boy, Ty, originally named Slushy...not really fitting though.

anyone know what he may be mixed with...i was told aussie/border collie at the shelter.
i think german and australian cattle dog or pointer.

first day home

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
I see cattle dog and hound, maybe spaniel

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
His body shape reminds me a LOT of our dog, Dexter. We know Dex has Cattle Dog in him, and I'd say yours definitely does, too.

We're also guessing Dex has Shepherd/Lab/Husky in him, so Shepherd x Cattle Dog probably isn't too far off. Possibly some Lab or hound... something to give him the floppy ears. Handsome devil!

He actually reminds me of Dex's brother:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anyone else think rotti?

and i saw this blue heeler with black and white flecked body like Tys with brown knees down, and kinda brown black markings on his face

·
Registered
22 Posts
I actually saw Rottie in the first two pics. I tmight have just been the markings and eyes. Def. cattle dog or border collie too. :)

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I would say definitely Cattle Dog, but not sure on the other. I really don't see the Rottie or Border Collie myself. Really hard to tell. Would be an interesting one to do a DNA test on. Might be more than we think, lol. Good looking dog....

·
Registered
4 Posts
He looks like a blue heeler or a Catahoula Leopard dog. Maybe a mix of both. But definitely one or the other. She is pretty:) Funny though because it looks like someone attached the head of a rot on him.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
He looks like a blue heeler or a Catahoula Leopard dog. Maybe a mix of both. But definitely one or the other. She is pretty:) Funny though because it looks like someone attached the head of a rot on him.
Would definitely be a mixture of both, as the body is definitely ACD, but the head is not. I would say the Catahoula would be a pretty good possibility. But it definitely is a mix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would definitely be a mixture of both, as the body is definitely ACD, but the head is not. I would say the Catahoula would be a pretty good possibility. But it definitely is a mix.
Yea, it is amazing how it divided! But you are right, there is a mix.

I'm probably wrong but I'm def. seeing some Austrailian Shepard, some Rotti, maybe even a lil German Shepard. He's quite an interesting looking dog though! :)
Thats the thing about Blue Heelers and cals. thay have such an interesting color pattern that some ppl mistake them for other breeds. they are unique though. love em

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
arnt dna tests kinda expensive? and how accurate are those anyways?

and his birthday is 8.1 i figured out so he is just about 7.5 months or so...a lot younger than i thought. which is nice, cause i wanted a dog my daughter could grow up with. he is half a month younger than her :) and she was climbing all over him last night, it was funny.

and he almost looks a bit big to be just the blue heller...which dumb moment but i just realized blue heelers and cattle dogs are the same thing lol.

and right now he is about 45-50lbs. need to get him weighed though...and his puppy papers say at 10 weeks he was 6lbs. i can only imagine what he looked like as a puppy! musta been so cute!

·
Registered
223 Posts
WOW, now if you had to put a picture in the dictionary for the word Mutt it would have to be your dog *LOL!!! What a cutie! I just can't get over how different his head markings are from his body and then his legs start going back to gold and his tail... it just doesn't stop with this guy!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ha Ha...what a cutie! I agree he looks like a "mutt". His body looks like Roy's (our dog). DNA testing revealed Roy it total mutt: 30% dalmation, with about 15% of border collie, bernese mountain dog, beagle, and great dane. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ha Ha...what a cutie! I agree he looks like a "mutt". His body looks like Roy's (our dog). DNA testing revealed Roy it total mutt: 30% dalmation, with about 15% of border collie, bernese mountain dog, beagle, and great dane. lol
lol...wow thats different. i see the border collie that about it though

1 - 20 of 20 Posts