Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
My dogs aren't picky - they love whatever I put in front of them! It's more of a question of what agrees with them. Right now, I'm feeding Potsie (poodle) and Dempsey (boxer) Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream, and I'm feeding my allergy dog, Maddie (westie mix), California Natural Salmon and Peas (pre-recall batch).

If I could afford it, I'd probably feed the poodle and boxer Acana Pacifica, but it's too rich ($$) for my blood.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Meeko is not picky - he seems to love everything I give him lol. He looooves any type of raw meat and organs. I haven't tried any kibble with him, but I'm sure he'd eat it too.

The other dog who is kind of a foster (will be with me for another 8 months), is more of a fan of chicken and other birds. She likes red meat fine, but she really loves chicken. She does NOT like organ meats though lol. She was never a fan of any kibble (she would "graze" but only enough to keep herself alive).

·
Banned
6,240 Posts
My dogs eat whatever kibble I can afford that paycheck that isn't awful quality (i won't go less than 3 star quality on dog food advisor rating) but Roxie really enjoys bananas and Faxon loves cheese.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Tuco LOVES cow heart, with a burning passion.

Other than that he really seems to like my homemade spicy black angus beef burgers (he stole one when he was a young pup and now whenever I make them I need to make sure they are not within scent)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
241 Posts
Mine loves salmon which I make for him and he eats all of the above shi001 posts food. I home cook all of those items. but his favorite is salmon mixed with sweet potato-green beans carrots. Somethimes I mix up ground chicken oatmeal and carrots, mush it all together and make seperate bags and freeze them. He also likes steak but in small amounts.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Marley LOVES peanut butter!! Unfortunately, Nova can't have any treats right now, but when she could have treats, she would go nuts for peanut butter as well.

As for dog food, they love - and eat - it all.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Jasper- Watermelon. Jasper will flip out if he sees watermelon. haha He will choose watermelon over anything else including meat. Favorite kibble is: Professional Lamb and Rice
Damon- Yogurt- Favorite kibble is: None he likes The Honest Kitchen best.
Sophie- PB- Favotire kibble is: Taste of the wild high prairie
Max- Bananas. Favorite Kibble is: Taste of the wild Southwest Canyon

·
Banned
1,625 Posts
Roman's fav. food list???

Foie gras (so do we his humans lol!)
P1030431.jpg
Ribs & Roasts (Daddi loves his BBQ)
_1000354.jpg
Steaks & more steaks (Carnivore family)
P1000396.jpg
Asian styled Honey Pork Jerky
{new found fav.}
P1040860.jpg

Yes... Bacon!!!
Say "love with "BbbbBacon"???

He also loves his eggs, butter, PB & creamcheese for his mornings.

Lunch fav. kibbles is TOTW (hands down)... mixed a bit with Avoderm, Nutro Max Natural, Wellness, Eukanuba... to curb boredom eating.

Roman also loves his mom's home made dinner meals (special stew asian style w. soysauce) and DD's gingins (ginger bread cookies adapted for Roman).

Don't forget natural icecream "Vanilla".

P1000391.jpg

He likes "Frosty Paws" too.

Night night snack???
Usually a cool drink of milk & some lunch meats (Roast beef rare, fav... roast Turkey & chicken, occasionally honey ham.... or nathan's beef dogs) or commercial treats (beggin bacons... he likes milkbones dunno why... throw in some temptations cat treats too... loves his duck wraps by beefeaters etc.)

P1040861.jpg P1040868.jpg

Loves his almost empty PB jar & empty milk jug as toys.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Ranger's favourite food is lettuce....he'll go crazy for a piece. He also likes bell peppers.
MIL's dog loves lettuce too! It is the only raw vegetable that she will eat, and the only food that I have ever seen her take directly out of someone's hand.

Snowball's favourite "people" food is salmon, but he'll eat just about anything animal-based except for steel-head trout and shrimp/prawns. He also loves green beans, and potatoes, (both sweet and regular). ETA: Oh yeah, and anything dairy based. lol.

He's only been on three kibbles as his main food since we've had him, and definitely prefers his current one (Nature's Domain Salmon and Sweet Potato) to the previous ones (Iams Adult, and Kirkland Signature Lamb). We use other kibbles as treats and his favouties have been Orijen Red and Acana Duck and Bartlet Pear. But he'll take anything in a pinch. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bacon Bacon Bacon! They love a good steak but hot dogs rank well too. I had a dog that was obsessed with chicken bones. Even through his very senior years he could topple the garbage to get to chicken bones.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My dog is picky when it comes to dog food... Well, my older female that is. My pup will usually eat anything (even sticks ><).

For dog food, she's been tolerating orijen and acana. But that's only if I use canned as a topper, which is weruva and/or Evangers. Those two canned foods she's obsessed with, and its no wonder.

She also loves beef and lamb bones, and bully sticks.

As for people food... Cheese is her favorite. But she also will eat bacon or any other meat if its cooked. Aside from beef and lamb she hates turkey, pork and surprisingly chicken raw. I think as far as human food goes there's a pretty big variety that she will eat. Not like we give it to her... Aside from the occasional cheese.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts