Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
141 - 160 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
My Cassius is routinely identified as a Scottish Terrier, as in, "Whoa, I didn't know Scottish Terriers could be that big!"

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Ok answer this

What breed/breeds is this?

What about this?

And This?

·
Registered
6,437 Posts

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
All three of them are pit bulls.
Well they do click the broad head box, and pitties do come in those colors. I guess they could be pitties to some.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
I going with all three are Hovawart.
Dam, lol.

You figured it out. Yes they are indeed all Hovawarts. :biggrin1:

All three colors side by side

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Oh and meet my Great Dane

And my Greyhound

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Your picture proves nothing. All 3 are Dutch Shepherds.
In TX they are all Akitas, that is how it works right? That is what I have learned on this thread so far. If enough people tell you your dog is something it is and dogs are different breeds in different states.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
I apologize for offending you avie, that was not my intent. I'm just curious, Ginger's coat is about 2cm, how long of coat exactly is a short haired x herder supposed to have? I can tell you her ear, body and head shape were like the other dutch shepherds I've met, but I think her crazy brindle patter creates an illusion of a different head shape that just looks much different in two dimensions. Ginger was within 2 cm of every dimension of them, and the coat was the same length, that's why I wondered if maybe KNPV dutchies locally were maybe alot different. I just wish I could capture her the way she looks in her presence! I would like to show off my rare breed on the dog forums too, but on here I see she will forever be just a common mix. Actually really I'm just so fascinated with her, her abilities she shows at abstract thinking are just astounding, although she is a total goofball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSOQFkvUSBM&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I would like to show off my rare breed on the dog forums too, but on here I see she will forever be just a common mix.
Time spent arguing whether she is or isn't, however small and insignificant as that time may be, is still time wasted. Does your dog know or even care what breed she is? Seriously. If having an indisputable purebred DS is your life's ambition, fine. Save your nickels, start doing some research and then go out and buy one.

But please, for the immediate future .. just ... stick a pin in your ego, stop the pointless bickering, and in it's place go do *something productive* with whatever breed of dog you have. Twelve years from now you'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
My Cassius is routinely identified as a Scottish Terrier, as in, "Whoa, I didn't know Scottish Terriers could be that big!"

Don't tell me where you live I swear I will steal this dog from you. He's ADORABLE! Giant Schnauzer?! (guessing)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I apologize for offending you avie, that was not my intent. I'm just curious, Ginger's coat is about 2cm, how long of coat exactly is a short haired x herder supposed to have? I can tell you her ear, body and head shape were like the other dutch shepherds I've met, but I think her crazy brindle patter creates an illusion of a different head shape that just looks much different in two dimensions. Ginger was within 2 cm of every dimension of them, and the coat was the same length, that's why I wondered if maybe KNPV dutchies locally were maybe alot different. I just wish I could capture her the way she looks in her presence! I would like to show off my rare breed on the dog forums too, but on here I see she will forever be just a common mix. Actually really I'm just so fascinated with her, her abilities she shows at abstract thinking are just astounding, although she is a total goofball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSOQFkvUSBM&feature=youtu.be
She is a GODDESS who walks the earth. Her very existence is a marvel to us lesser folk with lesser dogs.

Seriously, dude. I'll meet you on the rare-breed forums with my Dwarf wolf-dog.

No one gives a flying frak if you have a rare breed. A dog is a dog is a dog. Like I said, the only people who will be impressed are idiots, and who cares about the opinions of idiots?

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
She is a GODDESS who walks the earth. Her very existence is a marvel to us lesser folk with lesser dogs.

Seriously, dude. I'll meet you on the rare-breed forums with my Dwarf wolf-dog.

No one gives a flying frak if you have a rare breed. A dog is a dog is a dog. Like I said, the only people who will be impressed are idiots, and who cares about the opinions of idiots?
When in rome..?

141 - 160 of 227 Posts