Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
121 - 140 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Oh and the fun one is at the lure coursing, at petsmart, and at agility I've had all the basenji people tell me Hank is part basenji.

Um... yeah... no.

People often see their breed first.
I'm totally convinced that Hank has some Newfoundland in him. Yep. Definitely some Newf in there! :D

·
Super Moderator
7,419 Posts
I've had a bunch of people tell me Kuma is for sure a Pit Bull, so clearly I've been wrong all this time thinking he was a Pug! Or maybe he's a French Bulldog, people have called him that too. What do you guys think, is he a Pit Bull or a Frenchie?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I've had a bunch of people tell me Kuma is for sure a Pit Bull, so clearly I've been wrong all this time thinking he was a Pug! Or maybe he's a French Bulldog, people have called him that too. What do you guys think, is he a Pit Bull or a Frenchie?
All those people were wrong. He's an American Bulldog. I know because -even though I'm not knowledgeable on American Bulldogs at all- he is fawn with a black mask and smooshed face and I have seen American Bulldogs that look exactly like him!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
When walking my whippets at a hotel a couple of weeks ago, a guy stopped me to tell me how nice my salukis were. I explained that they were whippets, and got corrected immediately. "Definitely, those are salukis, and they are incredible sled dogs. I raced them in Alaska for years." Uh, yeah. But a nice guy.

·
Super Moderator
7,419 Posts
All those people were wrong. He's an American Bulldog. I know because -even though I'm not knowledgeable on American Bulldogs at all- he is fawn with a black mask and smooshed face and I have seen American Bulldogs that look exactly like him!
That's possible, but I think I found it! He's a Ca de Bou! I mean, they're super rare, and I've never seen one here before, but I think he looks JUST like one, so that must be it! Look!

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
That's possible, but I think I found it! He's a Ca de Bou! I mean, they're super rare, and I've never seen one here before, but I think he looks JUST like one, so that must be it! Look!
No way! Kuma's spitting image! Yeah, I am pretty sure you're right! So cool, you're the only one I know with a Ca de Bou! :D

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
No way! Kuma's spitting image! Yeah, I am pretty sure you're right! So cool, you're the only one I know with a Ca de Bou! :D
I just actually snorted sweet tea up my nose from laughing at this. Thanks guys.

Also grey would like to remind everyone that she is SOME Pomeranian, but mostly gray wolf.

·
Super Moderator
7,419 Posts
I just actually snorted sweet tea up my nose from laughing at this. Thanks guys.

Also grey would like to remind everyone that she is SOME Pomeranian, but mostly gray wolf.
No way, you're the ONLY person I know with a miniature wolf! You are so lucky!!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I am so jealous of all of these rare breed dogs. I apparently only own akitas.

medium akita

large akita

Fancy akita?

Bully Akita

Kitty Akita?

Ok so two of those have never been called Akita, can you guess which?

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Hrrmmmm... Kitty Akita and Fancy Akita? Sadly I can see some un-dog-ucated people saying your Bully looks like an Akita

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Hrrmmmm... Kitty Akita and Fancy Akita? Sadly I can see some un-dog-ucated people saying your Bully looks like an Akita
Yes the cat and the tiny dog have never been called Akita, the others all have. Magic is sort of a weird mix and she looks like different things to different people. She is probably mostly bully and herder (our guess is cattle dog or kelpie with some sort of bully breed like pit bull and maybe boston mixed in) but she may have a little of anything else too. However Akita is highly unlikely. I've heard Akita more than a couple of times and I don't know why. Akita just seems to be the go to guess for my dogs.

One of the sports people that met her described her as "a herder that ran into a wall" LOL

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
If I listened to the general public then Nubs is a Boxer:

And Peanut is a Lab:

Simply put, the average person has no clue what breed most dogs are. You are on a forum of people who know their breeds and so far no one has agreed with you on your dogs breed. That should be something you should think about.

121 - 140 of 227 Posts