Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
221 - 227 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
Besides, my entire “augument” all along isn’t that Ginger is a “dutch shepherd” as in the purebred dog recognized by the DSF; but from crossbred, workin/protection dog stock that I read about that were brindled shepherds but with “larger, hevier builds and much larger heads” than pure bred dutch shepherds... maybe she is, maybe she isn’t, but the DSF doesn’t acknowledge these dogs exist! Acording to wesites/books/information I’ve tead the DSF deemed “incorrect, these dogs have “changed lottle for more than a century” as opposed to “a far cry from the refined dutch shepherd of today”... thats why ginger’s similarity to dutchies of history was significant to me. It would be logical that dogs bred for ability and temperment over visual appearance would change little... breeding a dog to keep their appearance conforming to the latest fashion trend does nothing to maintain extraordinary capability and temperament and can do the opposite...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
Again, your arguments are faulty. You are ignoring everything that doesn't fit your hypothesis.

So you are basing your entire argument on a 130 year old grainy photo that shows nothing but a brindled shepherdy looking dog. "She must be a dutch shepherd because look she has the same white patch" (many many many dogs of many many many breeds and mixes have that same white patch).

Reminds me of an aunt's argument that we are descended from some famous Native American chief.

Never mind the decades of geneology work my Mom had done proving there was no connection. Ignore that dna testing show abssolutely zero Native American in our genes. He MUST be our ancestor "because his hands looks just like my sons"...

Oh, and forget that the image she based this on was a painting.

As my Mom would point out, you can't argue with logic like that.

So I will bow out of this. You keep saying you have no " investment" in Ginger being a dutch shepherd, but the truth is, you are latching on to ghosts to "prove" a lineage that isn't going to be there.
couple of other points I’d like to adress... no, I’m not invested in Ginger being a dutch shepherd... but I’m not invested in her NOT being a dutch shepherd either... and no I’m not basing my entire “argument” on and old photo... I did a lot of research; that was just one aspect that I shared to answer your questions... and I havent ignored ANY information to fit my hypothesis... my hypothesis, faulty or not, is based on ALL the information I’ve gathered... oh well... we shall see what the test says... I should get the results soon...

·
Super Moderator
7,419 Posts
couple of other points I’d like to adress... no, I’m not invested in Ginger being a dutch shepherd... but I’m not invested in her NOT being a dutch shepherd either... and no I’m not basing my entire “argument” on and old photo... I did a lot of research; that was just one aspect that I shared to answer your questions... and I havent ignored ANY information to fit my hypothesis... my hypothesis, faulty or not, is based on ALL the information I’ve gathered... oh well... we shall see what the test says... I should get the results soon...
Did you get the results yet?

·
Super Moderator
7,419 Posts
Guess we have our answer, lol. I was hoping he’d be honest enough to come back and admit he was wrong when he got the results, but I can’t say I’m surprised.

·
Registered
Cat-dog, GSD spayed female and Tornado-dog, JRT mix, neutered male
176 Posts
It's been 23 days since he posted that he had sent in the dna. Most tests offer results somewhere between 2 and 6 weeks. So, it's possible he hasn't received the results yet.

I do suspect that he enjoys the "argument" that his dog is a dutch shepherd more than anything.

·
Super Moderator
7,419 Posts
It's been 23 days since he posted that he had sent in the dna. Most tests offer results somewhere between 2 and 6 weeks. So, it's possible he hasn't received the results yet.

I do suspect that he enjoys the "argument" that his dog is a dutch shepherd more than anything.
Except he said 9 days ago that he expected the results shortly, and stopped posting a couple days after, and hasn’t returned to the forum since. Given that he was posting daily in this thread and has ignored a request for an update, I’d say it’s pretty safe to assume he got his results and they weren’t what he hoped

·
Registered
Cat-dog, GSD spayed female and Tornado-dog, JRT mix, neutered male
176 Posts
Except he said 9 days ago that he expected the results shortly, and stopped posting a couple days after, and hasn’t returned to the forum since. Given that he was posting daily in this thread and has ignored a request for an update, I’d say it’s pretty safe to assume he got his results and they weren’t what he hoped
The companies don't give you a more detailed expected result date other than 2-4 weeks, 4-6 weeks, etc. So I suspect he was just saying "I expect the results soon" because he had hit the minimum time frame. If he sent it in 23 days ago, then his post expecting results soon would have fallen at the 2 week mark - which would have been the very earliest he would receive results.

Now, that doesn't mean I don't agree that he is unlikely to come back and admit he was wrong. I just think it is still too soon to call him on it.

221 - 227 of 227 Posts