Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,
It was a big surprise for me when I saw a heavily pregnant dog in my garden.
It was not my dog and I did not have any suggestion about her owner. In the nearest area we do not have many neighbours so it was easy to understand that she has been lost or driven out by his owner.
But I decided that when this dog came to my property so I should help her.

After the conversation with my family, we agreed to feed her and continue to do this till now. By the way, now she is a happy mother of 5 puppies :).

Why am I writing here?
To ask about your advice.
I am complete fresher and new comer in this dog science and need your help to understand her breed and her needs. This is required to help her puppies. I want to find new owners for them and to make their profile.

I see that this dog is not an ordinary one.
She caught almost all hares around our place so I suggest that her previous owner was a hunter and she helped him with his hunting.
Also I see that it is really smart and understands our language very good.

So, please, give your thoughts about her breed, if it is possible to understand using these 2 photos.
If it is not enough, I can use my photo-camera again :).
However, a dog is not sitting in one place so it is quite hard task.
Also, I can post a photo of her puppies, if it can help in any way.
Thank you in advance for your support.
doggy.jpg IMG_7959.jpg

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Yellow Lab

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
If you really want something to call her, specifically, I'd go with Yellow Lab mix or maybe even Yellow lab x GSD. The only thing I really think she looks like is at least part Lab - but when you cross generations of mutts sometimes they end up looking like a breed that isn't even in the mix.

edit;; I went on the assumption that that dark spot on her side is a marking - is it dirt?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts