Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yes it's 1:00am here. Pitch black outside, cloudy, no moon.

So I am currently suffering from the midnight restlessness. That's what I get for sleeping in till 11:00am today, now I can't sleep. But apparently it's socially unacceptable to be up this late because all of the local stores are closed to people like me.

I am bored out of my mind. So what do I do?

I turn the floodlight on that lights up our driveway, I grab a handful of Evo dog food shove it in my pocket, call Hawkeye, and go out outside.

I do a bunch of heeling, some "hier" throwing in some "platz" on the "hier".

"platz"
"sitz"
"platz"
"stand"
"sitz"
"heel"
"Fuss!"

Working on our straight sits. Doing good.

We should trial at 1:00am.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
its 3 am

Bolo is in a downstay.

with a raw chicken leg on a plate a foot in front of her.

she's been that way for 15 minutes and counting...

anytime's a good time for impulse control work. ;)

·
Registered
637 Posts
lol, good work...

you're more industrious than i am at that time of night...a few weeks back i taught the cat to sit and roll over at 1am.....

·
Registered
411 Posts
So I'm not the only nighthawk here, but I just got home from work, Bayley went out for a pee, a couple of cookies and back to her bed..me I'm about 10 min from my bed!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Ruby is sleeping... we went for a long walk at 8pm (just when it is cool enough to step outside >.< ) so there is no waking her now. But I am still awake, and will be for a couple more hours I am sure. Then I will complain when she wakes me at 5.30am to go outside :p

·
Registered
640 Posts
Glad I'm not the only night owl who turns pups into night owls too! I went through a phase this spring where I was going to bed at 2 or 3am. Of course, the puppies adopted this schedule and for a while after I tried to get to bed before midnight, the pups would be full of energy long afterward. Try sleeping when two wild puppies are having zoomies at 1am. :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts