Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother in law thought it would be cute to play with a couple empty water bottles with Luna. Now, I have read that this is a fun game for dogs. So, they played. He took them away when the game was over. So.... today I was sitting in the back yard playing with her and I had some water. I guess you can see where this is going. She stole the nearly full bottle. Bit holes in it and liked it even more than the empties because it was leaking that cool fun clear stuff that is fun to drink AND play in. Hmph.... :p

·
Registered
46 Posts
I give those to my pug occasionally to play with. He loves it, but also knows his boundries...most likely because a full-ish one would be too hard for his little mouth to pick up!

They are sure noisy on the tile floor though.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Tir loves the plastic bottles, also (well, actually they all do here)....but she's good about it and if it has anything in it she brings it to me and "asks" me to empty it for her....but, if you're sitting there w/ a bottle in hand she will stare at you mercilessly till you're done and give her the bottle:D:D

·
Banned
220 Posts
I just started playing that with Maddie today. We used to give her bottles, but she'd chew them and swallow the pieces, so we said no way. Now it's 'fetch' and she has to give it back-no chewing.

I was with a puppy dog recently--had a full water bottle under my lawn chair and one that had 2-3 sips left. next thing I know, The puppy is chewing the paper off the full one and the near empty one was nowhere to be found. Something tells me pup went to take it elsewhere. At least it wasnt the full one, for my benefit. But for her sake, any bottle without supervision is bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts