Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering maybe it'll help with getting rid of the view that only pitties can bite lol.

I'm going to ask the people leave out any "snaps"
and also If you were bit by a mutt just write "mutt" non of that GSD mix or Golden Mix unless you were POSITIVE of the mix.

and accidental bites shouldn't be posted eather (example would be your playing with your dog and his totth accidentaly grazed you and broke the skin)

Dogs that have actually Bit me and broke the skin

Siberian Husky
Shi Tzu
Shi Tzu
Labrador Retriever
Siberian Husky

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I haven't been bitten by any dog. But I've been scratched a few times by my own dogs teeth. The last time was when Xena had her rabies shot in the morning. One of her tooth scratched me while I was hand feeding her later that day. I am not going to deny. I WAS WORRIED. :D She's a puppy with unknown parent's history and she just got vaccinated. You can't blame me. Now I'm pretty sure she doesn't have rabies. I'M STILL ALIVE. LOL! :D

All my dogs are mutts.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Well, a Pit did bite me, but I pretty much just escaped with bruises. Never broke the skin. He was a weird dog.

I was also bitten by a small breed dog when I was younger. That broke the skin from what I remember. No idea what kind of dog it was.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
One chihuahua - outright attacked me because I walked next to it's bed. I was 7.
One Herding dog Mix- didn't break the skin ONLY BECAUSE I had on a thick winter coat. If I didn't have the coat on, I would have had to have stiches. I had to toss the coat because of the rip in it, and my arm was brused for a few weeks.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Shetland Sheepdog (Callie, my dog, was attacked by a GSD and thought that I was the dog attacking her... so when I grabbed her to prevent her from being further injured, she bit me.)
Pomeranian (He didn't want to go in his crate, haha.)

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
I was bitten by a small dog a couple years ago. The only time I have ever been bitten by a dog (besides play bites). I'm pretty sure she was purebred, because her owners got AKC papers in the mail (which I was delivering when she bit me), but for the life of me I can't figure out what breed she was. Even after looking at all the pictures of toy breeds I could find. She was about 10 pounds, and looked like a short-haired tri-colored Pomeranian.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
My only dog bite was by a Jack Russell. Nipped, really, but hard enough to break the skin on the meaty part of my hand.

It was totally my fault, too; this was years before I read anything about dog behavior. Like every other idiot who thinks dogs 'just like him', I leaned right over him and started petting him over the head ten seconds after meeting for the first time. Fortunately, I knew the owner, and knew the dog was up to date on his shots, so it was antiseptic only.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Farm dog (border collie mix) left gashes and punctures on my face when I was young.
Mini poodle

Headbutted by an Amstaf; peed on by an Airdale, flattened by a Berner.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've been "mouthed" by several dogs (mostly my own) in play. My ACD used to love to run up, nip me on the nose and race off! When I had a Bullmastiff, he used to clamp his jaw around my thigh anytime I chased my children. It is very hard to run dragging a 130 pound dog.

I have only been bitten once when the dog was serious about it. It was my Sister's toy poodle (nasty little bugger!).

·
Registered
306 Posts
The only time I have ever been bitten was by a chow.
He was standing in the middle of a busy street and I got out of my car and tried to coax him out of the street.
He thanked me by biting my hand.
My own fault--but I did get him out of the street and got close enough to see the phone number on his tag. (thats when he nailed me)

·
Registered
257 Posts
I got bit by an alaskan klee kai. Made me bleed. :(

Just wondering maybe it'll help with getting rid of the view that only pitties can bite lol.

I'm going to ask the people leave out any "snaps"
and also If you were bit by a mutt just write "mutt" non of that GSD mix or Golden Mix unless you were POSITIVE of the mix.

and accidental bites shouldn't be posted eather (example would be your playing with your dog and his totth accidentaly grazed you and broke the skin)

Dogs that have actually Bit me and broke the skin

Siberian Husky
Shi Tzu
Shi Tzu
Labrador Retriever
Siberian Husky
We had a siberian husky that bit one of our dogs, he was so aggressive around food and water.
How did you get bit by the huskies ?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Yellow Lab
Dachshund
Jack Russell

Probably more, but none that were significant to remember. The dachshund was mine, she was blind and deaf and I woke her up. Totally my fault. Lab and Jack were at my work (a vet's office). The owner of the lab was actually complaining that her neighbor got a pit and she was scared to let her kids go outside. This was while we were sedating her dog because it was so crazy aggressive.

Most of my significant bites were from cats.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just once, by a Dachshund that my aunt owns. We still don't really know what happened. I was sitting on the sofa watching tv and her dog ran in my lap and latched on to my hand (food perhaps? we had just eaten) and he just would not let go. It bled for a long time and I probably should have gotten a stitch or two but I didn't. He was UTD on shots and everything, but I still have a little scar on my hand.

·
Registered
343 Posts
My worst bite was when I was six by a standard poodle.

The second worst bite was by a cocker spaniel.

And my boyfriend's dog has made teeth/skin contact, but did not bite down. It was my fault. I was trying to get her out of her crate, and she was not wanting to go with me. So, I reached in. I'm lucky she has good bite inhibition.

I was never bitten by any of my mom's keeshonden, except by an occasional mouthy puppy or adult. But that was only in play, and doesn't count.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We had a siberian husky that bit one of our dogs, he was so aggressive around food and water.
How did you get bit by the huskies ?
The first one that bit me was when I worked as a groomer and I was trying to help muzzle the dog so we could give her a bath otherwise she wouldn't get a bath because she kept trying to bite. and well when I went to slip the muzzle on she snapped forward and got my thumb.

The second one and most recent was with my friend who has sled dogs. I was holding the two lead dogs while she got her sled ready, and one of her lead dogs bit me on the arm luckily I was wearing a big jacket so I only got nasty bruises. Saddest part i I had to keep on holding the dogs even though my arm hurt like heck.

·
Registered
164 Posts
1st time by a maniac stray dog who is rescued by my friend ( got 4 injections in arm :( )

2nd by labrador just a scratch

3rd by labrador just a scratch

1 - 20 of 93 Posts