Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,713 Posts
It's incredibly difficult to tell anything with the quality of the photos, unfortunately. Those breed recognition websites are notoriously unreliable for mixed breed dogs anyway, even with clear pictures.

Are you the owner, or was the person who said he's mixed the owner? If the owner says he's mixed, then I'd be more inclined to believe it. If you're worried because someone told you your dog was mixed when you thought he was purebred, well... people make a lot of weird assumptions about dogs they see. According to one lady, my two male dogs of different breeds are mother and daughter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's incredibly difficult to tell anything with the quality of the photos, unfortunately. Those breed recognition websites are notoriously unreliable for mixed breed dogs anyway, even with clear pictures.

Are you the owner, or was the person who said he's mixed the owner? If the owner says he's mixed, then I'd be more inclined to believe it. If you're worried because someone told you your dog was mixed when you thought he was purebred, well... people make a lot of weird assumptions about dogs they see. According to one lady, my two male dogs of different breeds are mother and daughter.
No i am not the owner and he is not the owner its a video i found online many years ago some walking around and laying in the bed smiling i tought the dog looked cute he said its a rottweiler mix so i should probaply believe him

·
Super Moderator
3,713 Posts
Yes, he's probably right! It's very likely he knows the dog's parents or breeder so is sure that it's mixed. Genetics are funny, and sometimes a mixed breed dog will wind up looking way more like one breed than the other(s). It could also be that one parent was a Rottie mix and the other was a purebred Rottie, so the dog's mostly Rottweiler but not completely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts