Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, we just picked up are first doggy, 7 months old we belive, however we are confused as to her breed. we think she is staffy but everyone we meet has a different view.

she is doing ok, but came from a terrible home and barks at any man that gets close, this is something we are trying to address. she seems to have good days and bad days, today being a bad day where she was outside in the yard all day but decided to make her way upstairs and pee on my bed!! - little bugger!

she does the playful biting bit too and is only really herself with my partner and I. when others are present she becomes are very timid dog.

furthermore she will often refuse to walk even though she clearly loves it once she gets going and once she is in open spaces loves being a dog and playing with other dogs. for no reason while playing she will find the smallest and hardest hedge to bury herself in and flatly refuse to come out!

well thats about it!! - any advise welcome! help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
wow a quick google brings up some identiacal dogs! :D - that's that one sorted! i guess you guys are in america, not sure if you would know but being its a pitbull i wonder if i need to register it in england?

just took this as the others are a few months old. she is getting very long!

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
it's definatly not a pit bull so I would not register it as a pit bull although it looks like is has pit bull in the mix.

I would Register it as a Shepherd mix if you hvae to register it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats good to know, we just read up on the UK law and it looks like there is no need to register her anyway. she has shown no signs of aggression and is a very cute naughty dog :)

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Definitely register as a Shepherd mix. The color is VERY Shepherd and from this last picture you posted the body shape is kinda Shep too.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I don't think her head is square enough to be pit. But I've been wrong before.:)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would think shes prob a staffy mix. Im in England as well and staffys are a very popular breed over here. Pit bulls are a banned/restricted breed and I dont think theres many of them about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts