Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the ezydog convert harness if y'all know anything about this harness let me know. just wanna see what y'all use before I buy this harness.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Depends on what you want to use it for. Everyday walks? Nosework? Tracking? Parkour?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I typically walk my dogs on a martingale collar, using harnesses only for things like tracking, nosework, or parkour. If your dog walks nicely on a loose leash, and doesn't try to imitate an Iditarod sled dog, then pretty much any harness will do. The ones that are popular with the people I know are the Julius, Brilliant, Ruffwear Front Range (and it's various imitators), and the Balance harness. For a dog that pulls, a front clip harness can help while you work on training loose leash walking.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I would have bought the Julius except saddlebags didn't come small enough for my dogs and Ginger can get out of that style easier than I like. My dogs have the Ruffwear Frontrange for harnesses and Approach for packing not that they can carry more than a quart of water. I really love the idea of this type though.

Little dogs are better with a harness, Ginger coughs really easily on a collar and even tough guy Bucky will be gulping and uncomfortable if walked on a collar. Even my medium sized dogs were better behaved on a harness though. Something about the leash away from the face seemed more comfortable for them and they walked much better for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have also looked at the Julius k9 but I’m not sure it’s better than the ezydog. Would u say Julius is better or about the same

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just now thought about this but I wonder if dogs can easily slip out of the ezydog and the Julius harness. I just really like this style harness tho. I like having the handle I Need to use it. But if my dog panics and backs up trying to get out of it will he be able too?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I just now thought about this but I wonder if dogs can easily slip out of the ezydog and the Julius harness. I just really like this style harness tho. I like having the handle I Need to use it. But if my dog panics and backs up trying to get out of it will he be able too?
Probably. If your dog is [prone to doing that, then adding a safety strap from the harness to a properly fitted martingale collar would be a good idea. That's what I've done with my pittie when we tracked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts