Hello there dog forums, I am new here so sorry for any mistakes or errors. After Months of deciding if I was ready for a dog, I have decided I am ready. But I am facing a new dilemma. What dog breed is right for me? After trying tons of dog selector quizzes, I have chose to come to you guys, because I believe that you could offer better advice than a quiz and give personal experiences. This is a little bit of what i'm looking for in a dog. Thanks in advance!
- This will be my first dog. As a kid I had a dog but was mostly my parents (Australian shepherd) .
- My ideal dog would be loving when I come home, and come with me on hikes and long walks on the weekend
- I have shortlisted the following: bichon frise, golden retriever, Boston terrier, rat terrier, shetland sheepdog, and miniature schnauzer. I am open to any other suggestions.
- I would like a relatively easy dog to train. He should also be pretty friendly.
- Ideally, my dog would need 30 minutes of exersize and would love to play fetch
- I would like a dog who needs weekly brushing, but am willing to put in more effort in this area for the right dog.
- A small or medium dog is what i'm looking for
- I would love for him to walk off leash
- My dog would have to be alone 8 hours a day :/ ; but i can spend time for its first few months to train/accommodate him to the new house.