Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know, I know, I have made one of these before, but things have changed.

-Size wise, I need a smaller dog. 15-30 pounds at most.
-It would be cool if the dog only needs 90 minutes of exercise.
-The dog shouldn't shed too much, but grooming doesn't matter.
-I would prefer the dog is not known to be "yappy".
-The dog should be biddable.
-The dog should be good with other dogs and animals.

If the dog doesn't fit some of these requirements but fits most of them, that's okay.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Miniature poodle, no shedding but you would either need to learn to groom or get it done professionally. Other than that Rat Terrier (they do shed but short coat), Whippet (pressing the top of your size range and might be iffy with smaller animals), Sheltie (ok so shedding is more of an issue here) and Bichon come to mind.

I always suggest going to the shelter and checking out the young adult dogs to see what fits your needs. Lenore is all of those things (ok so her biddability isn't great but she is working on the training) and she is house broken, no accidents in our house at all.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
A lot of the companion breeds would fulfill that list- poodles, bichons, havanese, etc. Beagles would, too. I second taking a look at the local shelters and rescues. You're not looking for anything too specific, so a lot of shelter dogs would work great for you.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I wanted to go to the shelter anyway, I just wanted to have an idea of what to look for.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh! I didn't even catch that. It's supposed to say prefer it NOT to be yappy, but I type really fast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts