Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious about whether the texture of my puppy's coat is indicative of his breed mixture. Obviously, some dogs have very soft, short fur, similar to that of a cat. And, some dogs have a coarse coat, German Shepherds or Australian Cattle Dogs come to mind. And, of course, there are the sporting breeds who are bred for swimming with their slightly oily coats.

Anyway, my puppy is supposedly an Aussie/Border Collie mix of some sort. He has soft fur on his head and ears. But, the rest of his coat is a bit more coarse. I've never actually met a pure bred BC or Aussie. So, I don't know what their fur feels like. But, they look like they'd be soft.

So, I'm wondering if his coarse coat is an indication of the other breed(s) that might comprise his makeup. Or, maybe puppy's just have varying fur textures as they grow. And, perhaps I'm over thinking this.

Anyway, thanks for any thoughts you might have. Here's a recent picture of the pup just to make clicking on this thread worth your while:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hey...I have never heard that before. Matches my Ginny though...she is suppost to be a Labradoodle. And obviously by her fur and her nature she is more lab then poodle. She has long hair on her back..but shorter hair on her belly and sides. Her hair is courser like a Lab..wow!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts