Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like some suggestions from just average people like me that have the average dog like me that love them like one of your own; but I would like to know what you as a dog mother or father want for that special canine in your life? What you would like to see for your dogs.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Since I don't have money right now, there are a few things I would love to get my poochy right now.

I'd like to get him some more treats for training and just for fun, stuff that's healthy for him. Definately some more toys to spoil him with.

I would also get cool little devices, like a super ball thrower, frisbee, little things like that. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
673 Posts
What I want for my pup it to be healthy, happy, good manners, self confidence. I worry about her health already, Bernese aren't the healthiest breed throughout their lives. I'm hoping she will at least live to be 8 or or older

·
Registered
43 Posts
All my efforts as to her diet (super-premium dry, to homemade, to raw) and health are for one main purpose: to defy the accepted life expectancies in dogs, and specifically in her breed--and for her to live as long as caninely possible.

I hope all (our) efforts at going the extra mile go to prove that dogs can/should live to an age much longer than perceived in the past.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I agree with John Lee - I want my dog (and cats) to be as healthy as possible and that all the effort and money I put into giving them the best diet I can will help them lead long, healthy and happy lives. So far, it's going well (knock on wood)!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
In terms of material things, there are a LOT of things I wish I could get for my dogs. A large, orpathedic bed for Blackie and Rose, new collars, new leashes, a smaller pair of nail trimmers, more treats, a better brand of food for B&R, teeth cleaning for Chloe...but, alas, money is tight and those things won't be happening.

But, as everyeone else is saying, keeping them happy and healthy is my main priority.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are my thoughts exactly I want nothing more than for my AbbyGirl to be happy and healthy, thats why I started baking in my own home dog treats that were homemade, pupcakes, bacon bites, breath busters, all with real healthy whole wheat flour, I dry my own apples, and I have had people start asking me to make them to sell, thats why any suggestions on what healthy things you would like to see for your baby I would love to hear, thanks for the replies it just goes to show that we do love our pups enough to treat them as if they were one of us...we want them to be happy and healthy!! Its time consuming but I want nothing more than you for my AbbyGirl. Thanks again!!:D

·
Registered
630 Posts
My main concern is that Marley lives a long, happy, healthy life. My he get to play with lots of other friendly dogs, smell all the spots he wants and finally catch whatever it is he chases in his dreams. I would love to buy him this doggy bed we saw the other day in the pet store. It was beautiful and when I looked at it I thought "if I was a dog that would be the bed I would want to curl up in" but.........it was $200.00 dollars so that one is going to have to wait.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I would love to be able to campaign my youngest boy Carsten and hopefully finish him in conformation but I just cannot afford to do that. I would like to be able to go on some doggy holidays too. Beach fun with the dogs or weekends away in the woods etc.... I would like to be able to have some costumes made for the boys for when they visit patients during Therapy visits. You can't just get off the rack costumes for Rottweilers unfortunately. I would even like to be able to get a baby brother or sister for the boys. I would also like to have a very large private bank account for animal veterinary expenses. Hopefully I would never need it but it would feel good to know it was there. I have a lot of dreams, what can I say? LOL

Edit: I had to add. I wish I could afford to take the boys to water therapy a few times a week for their joints. They would enjoy that and so would I. :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
When I walk my dogs off leash through the woods, I can feel their happiness radiate into me. (Ok I am being a little poetic but thats how it feels to me) Their body language, their faces, the utter joy they express to me makes me want to offer that to them more often. Im finally living in a place thats just far away enough (except for a couple small areas) that I feel comfortable in letting my dogs be just that....dogs.

My doxie/poodle mix is all hound dog. He chases scents here and there and scouts ahead, but he never goes so far that we no longer see or hear each other. My lab/dane mix stay by my side, maybe a few paces ahead, but always waits for me to keep pace and loves the freedom. He always carries a toy and here and there I throw it for him. These simple pleasures are what a dogs life is all about. Heck, I want to be a dog! (with loving owners of course, not horrible people which there are far too many of).

I want my dogs to be happy and healthy. Who doesn't? I work at a pet store and I can't help but bring them something home whenever I can...They are sort of spoiled in that respect.

Currently, I would like to get my big dog a bed that is comfortable and that he can stretch out on.....which would take up my whole living room probably. The biggest bed my store has doesnt seem to be big enough. I also want another black kong for him. They get treats and small toys regularly because they ARE my kids. They are no doubt cheaper than human children so I can't feel guilty about the cost.

They need a check up too....next pay check hopefully.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts