Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some recommendations for flea/tick/heartworm meds for Zoey, come next month we'll be needing to get some for her. So what's your favorite brands to use? My husband doesn't want to use any oral meds, because his dog when he was younger had a reaction to it and had to have her blood pumped :-/

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
I use ivermectin for heartworm.

We don't have flea/tick problem. Although Zema and Frontline have worked very good before.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I use :
Scalibor collar(ticks,fleas,MOSQUITOS)
Antiphlebotome spot-on(ticks,fleas,MOSQUITOS)
citronella spray(mosquitos)
Milbemax(worms,heartworm)
Garlic

As you see our main problem here in Greece is Leishmania.The ''mosquito'' issue.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Revolution isn't an oral preventative, it's topical and protects against fleas, ticks and heartworms.
We used it when to of our dogs were younger without any issues.
http://www.revolution4dogs.com/
There's a link to the site to check it out.

But currently we use HeartGuard for HW preventative and Advantage for fleas/ticks.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I use K9 Advantix on all of my dogs too. Also I buy the K9 Advantix from www.1800PetMeds.com - it's usually cheaper than getting it at my vet. I always buy the biggest package available. Thank God all of my dogs are in the same weight range for the same package! When I order it, I always click normal delivery but it Never takes more than 3 days to receive it! Plus 1800PetMeds usually sends a dog treat with what I've ordered. Just an aww. :p

However, I still haven't compared 1800PetMeds with any other online service for difference in price. I really need to do that. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have a problem with "Maak for Pets" an internet site for pet supplies and Frontline( The Merial Company). I bought$200.00 worth of Frontline Plus from Maak for Pets over the internet. I noticed as soon as I started using it, my dogs were still scratching and I was still finding fleas on them. I called Merial and they said they would replace the product I had left over.(this was after 4 months of using the Maak stuff)Apparently if the package has Austrailia on it,it won't work in the USA so it is useless and a waste of money. The package must have France on it. I like to post this whenever possible so people will NOT buy from "Maak for Pets" or Frontline because they do not back up their product. I complained to Merial and Makk about the useless crap Frontline product they sent me, to no avail. I have since changed brands,but since I have been using Ivermectin I cannot use Comfortis. Don't buy from Maak for Pets they are running a scam on pet flea products and will be stealing your money. Merial (Frontline)will also not back you up if you happen to purchase their rip off Austrailian product.I like to post this when someone asks for Flea products so you will be aware, David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts