Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maddie has two marks on the back of her front legs, where her "elbows" would be. They've only been there a couple of months (same amount of time her "dirty skin" has been there-made a post in the grooming section on that) and it may stem from a similar thing. My only guess is that when she would skid in the grass trying to get her toy, she scraped herself up.
Never been any blood.
Does not flinch or make notice to it, even when touched.
Has not gone away, not even in baths.

Looks kinda like gravel stuck in a cut when someone falls...but we havent been near gravel...

hmmmm....

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have seen dogs get that when they spend a lot of time laying on hard surfaces. The ones I have seen are harmless calluses.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
My aunt and uncles old chocolate lab used to have those on her legs.. they were just big calluses I guess.. Never caused her any trouble.

·
Banned
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Wow, that's a big callus. I hope Maddie's don't get bigger.

She lays on cement and grass outside-not the cement too often. Otherwise, she's an indoor dog, on carpet. Unless she's on linoleum-but we've cut that out a bit, having her sit on the carpet for two reasons: 1) She's in the way when we're cooking and 2) she'll sit by the table and beg.

edit: Has anyone tried Bag Balm? I researched the product you mentioned, but it's a shampoo-just bought her one, and we're moving soon, so I dont want something ELSE to pack. And it's expensive....
I looked up other options and someone said bag balm. I checked out their website-it's for cuts, callus', etc. And only $5 or so. Anyone try this? Does it work?

edit again: Yay, I told my boyfriend we should get some bag balm, and he said he has some already, in his box of bike things. Go figure. Maybe there's a secondary reason... So I'm going to try this stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts