Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my new dog i just got a few weeks ago from a shelter. they think she is part german shepherd dog, the lady was almost certain she was full but i dont think so. tell me what you think of her and what you would think she is mixed with. thanks

th first 5 was when i first got her and the second was after her grooming appointment a few weeks later. she has put on a little bit of weight since then and doesnt look quite so gangly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they said she is 2 years old they think, but she sure acts younger than that now that she has come out of her shell.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
she looks all shepard to me and certainly doesn't look 2 years old. maybe a year tops. how much does she weigh? we had a mini belgium shepard once that weighed 55 lbs and was similar to her.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i havent had her weighed but just from picking her up is around 50-60 pounds. they had a vet that checked all the animals at the shelter that was actually part of the shelter. im actually planning on taking her in so i can get her up to date on her heartworm meds. but she is sucha playful little girl.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
she is pretty adorable playin with her toys, she loves her loofa dogs, shes got three, none have ears anymore but i guess thats how she likes em. there are to be more pictures soon.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm probably wrong, but she looks like an elkhound to me.

There's just something in that color and in that head shape.

She's very very pretty. I love that wolfish sable color.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i know her color is what drew her to me, i was really taken back by it. i was pretty set on getting a black dog because i know how black dogs are the last to be adopted at most shelters because of superstitions and peoples beleif that a black dog is evil, much like a black cats reputation is. but when i saw her sable color i was like wow! then when i met her she was so sweet that i was sold almost instantly.

marsha, what is acd? im kinda of new to the abbreviations. i understand gsd and a few others but acd is new to me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would almost bet she's a purebred Belgian Malinois. Females are around her size full grown (55-65 pounds) and if you google the breed, she is a spitting image of them. She's a beauty!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I'm probably wrong, but she looks like an elkhound to me.

There's just something in that color and in that head shape.

She's very very pretty. I love that wolfish sable color.
The head shape is exactly that of an elkhound minus the mane. The rest of her is nowhere near an elkhound though, so.... idk!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah she does resemble a coyote a little bit, haha i had to warn one of the guys that works on my family farm that if he saw her not to shoot her. im plannin on having the dna testing done

1 - 20 of 23 Posts