Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I feed Solid Gold Hund N Flocken to my 1.5 year old Shih Tzu. I have used Solid Gold ever since she was a little puppy. She is very healthy and has a beautiful coat.

My older dog has to be on a prescription diet or I would feed it to her, too.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Ilya and Lola love Barking at the Moon. It has a very high protien content though... 42%. Ilya tends to need the higher protien so I'm trying to mix Lola's with a lower protien kibble (they always want to eat the same thing).

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I used to feed Solid Gold WolfKing and the girls loved it. I've changed to Eagle Pack Holistic Chicken and Rice now, and they are doing great on it. And Nell's coat is really shiny now, I've had many compliments on her coat. My trainer said some of the people at the Show and Go that we went to was wondering how I got such a great looking coat on Nell. I just said Eagle Pack Holistic. As for baths, I might wash her once every 6 months or longer, as she really doesn't get very dirty. Chloe has a nice coat as well, but not near as shiny as Nell's.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
I would feed BATM if they had it here, but I haven't been able to find it. I have gone through pretty much every fish-based grain-free kibble available in Singapore, while battling Spunky's allergies...

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
BATM is what I'm feeding my rescue GSD, The SPCA vet had a not about possible allergies so I thought it might be a good food to start her on, and she needs to gain a little weight so I though the high protein and fat would help.

Hasn't been long enough to tell how it's working. Seemed great the first week, she's been on antibiotics and steroids for an ear infection since then though and goes from firm stool to liquid off and on since the drugs were started. She doesn't seem wild about it but that may be because she usually gets a share of whatever meat I'm eating, pork, chicken or beef. I also free feed her so the bowl never gets empty.

She does seem to like it a lot if I stir in a little warm water and make a little gravy with it.

Luckily I have a feed store close by that has every brand of really good dog food I've seen reviewed in stock.

She did lose 2 lbs over the last two weeks though, which I find kinda shocking with how much she's been eating. Well over what the bag recommends for her weight. I'm hoping that's a side effect of the antibiotics and steroids.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts