Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had tyson since he was 8 weeks old. He was sold to my husband as a full breed pitbull. As he started growing I noticed he doesnt look like a full pit. Our dog trainer said she sees some sight hound in him. I'm honestly very curious. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
To me the dog looks like American Pit Bull Terrier crossed with an American Staffordshire Terrier. There is definately some Bull Terrier in his ancestry, and most likely some Doberman Pinscher.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
To me the dog looks like American Pit Bull Terrier crossed with an American Staffordshire Terrier. There is definately some Bull Terrier in his ancestry, and most likely some Doberman Pinscher.
hmmmmm ....I disagree I don't see a APBTxAST mix or Bull Terrier (if you mean EBT)...why do you think that?

I think they said sight hound do to the dog having a more narrow shaped head then most bullys.......I really don't have a good guess....could be a few different things...or could just be poor breeding.

Lovely dog though :)

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Looks like a generic pit bull to me. I don't really see anything other than that.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I think pitbull. Not show quality, but cute anyway.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yeah I think pitbull as well. My pitty kind of looks like that because she has a more narrow head. She still has the wedge shape just not like most standard pitties. I call her my mini pitbull lol. Whatever the breed, he's still cute as heck :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx you guys. He's turning 2 in may. You know maybe I'm the one who is just being sterotypical and just assuming pitties should look all mean and bullyish like my aggie. It doesn't matter what he is I love him all the same.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
So I've had tyson since he was 8 weeks old. He was sold to my husband as a full breed pitbull. As he started growing I noticed he doesnt look like a full pit. Our dog trainer said she sees some sight hound in him. I'm honestly very curious. What do you guys think?
i definately say pitty, but i also see ......call me crazy, greyhound? maybe just in the 2nd pic.fat chance i know but 70% or more pitbull and 100% cute!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
i definately say pitty, but i also see ......call me crazy, greyhound? maybe just in the 2nd pic.fat chance i know but 70% or more pitbull and 100% cute!!
SO CUTE!!! She looks like a over sized Jack Russle Terrier. Looks like she just got terrier mixed instead of full pit. She is adorable though!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts