Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see lots of folks here that want to see what everybody sees in their new canine. My wife just rescued this girl, her sisters neighbor threatened to kill her because she chewed up something that she wasn't suppose to. My wifes theory is "if you leave it out, then its your own doing what happens to it." And I agree to some extent, anyways, she is very loving and gentle with our son.
What do you think she is mixed with?
I think Boxer and either great dane or pit bull.
GEDC0980.jpg
GEDC0981.jpg
GEDC0979.jpg
GEDC0977.jpg

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
I see some Mastiff. How big is she? Any idea how old she is?

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
I kind of see Cane Corso.

·
Registered
232 Posts
She's stunning! Love her blue face! I see Dane as well, honestly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no idea what her age is, but she still seems rather young, like she hasn't grown into her ears yet. She is almost 5 feet when standing up on hind legs. she probably weighs around 50 pounds (guesstimate). Here are some pictures my wife got this morning. I think she has bonded very closely to her. And its like she has always been here, fit right in.
I thought about mastiff too but then I got to looking at some Great Dane info and I really see it more than the Pit Bull, so that means that she still has some growing to do
Have any of you tried the DNA testing?

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
I would guess corso cross simply because I don't think I have seen formentino in any other breeds. I could be wrong as I certainly don't know every breed but I haven't seen it on anything other than a corso. She might even be what would be considered a purebred by some standards as there are more than a few BYB pumping out corsi for a profit.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I would guess corso cross simply because I don't think I have seen formentino in any other breeds. I could be wrong as I certainly don't know every breed but I haven't seen it on anything other than a corso. She might even be what would be considered a purebred by some standards as there are more than a few BYB pumping out corsi for a profit.
That colour pattern happens in alot of breeds, including the Dane, Malinois, GSD, Pit Bull, French Bulldog, Anatolian Shepherds, greyhounds, several mastiff breeds etc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am sure she has just a little bit of everything in her, her attitude though I would guess comes from Great Dane (the ones I have been around) she is just so gentle with my son its really very nice to see. If her and Adele are playing and having fun, if my son comes over to them she will stop rough housing so she doesn't knock him over. I haven't seen it in a dog in a long time.
The Cane Corso is a very handsome dog, but I haven't seen that type of dog anywhere around here or near my sister in laws. Might be somewhere down the line though, which from what I have read could also account for the attitude towards our son.
Does anybody see boxer?

·
Registered
144 Posts
That colour pattern happens in alot of breeds, including the Dane, Malinois, GSD, Pit Bull, French Bulldog, Anatolian Shepherds, greyhounds, several mastiff breeds etc.
I honestly haven't ever seen any of those breeds with a formentino appearance. I do come from a small area though so it doesn't surprise me, I will have to start googling these breeds and seeing some of them.

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeah, if you google Blue-masked fawn, you come up with a TON of pics of alot of different breeds :) GORGEOUS! Dont google Blue fawn because then you end up with blue fawn pitties (which is actually a really cool colour!)

·
Registered
943 Posts
My best guess would be a Dane x Bull Mastiff mix.. or maybe hound and or boxer in there too?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Looks almost exactly like my managers dog who is a pit bull x great Dane (known for sure)

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
ok here is my managers dog, the Great dane X Pittie at a similer age to your girl

Korben.jpg

colour is not exactly the same, but other then that lol. his momma was a Pittie and his dad was a Dane.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, they do look a lot alike. How old is he there? It could give me a better guesstimate to how old our Ellie is?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I think he is about 5 months in that pic? he's like 3 now so I dont recall exactly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Then Elli is probably around 8 months to a year. Does your manager have a more recent picture of him?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts