Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hubby and I have been looking for a 2nd dog for awhile now. I've been keeping an eye on petfinder and local rescues but nothing that is right for us has come up.

The other day I was browsing kijiji and I fell in love

He is a Boston Terrier/Beagle mix. 1 year old healthy male. Already neutered and up to date on shots (vet records come with him). Knows basic commands and loves all animals and humans.

They were asking $500 for him originally, which I thought was a bit too high, so I offered $350 and they came back with $375. Now keep in mind that he is not only already neutered and UTD on shots, but he also comes with crate, bed, leash, toys and food.

Just for comparison, adoption fees in this area for shelters and rescues are usually between $300 and $500 so I wouldn't really be paying any more than if I went to a shelter. The difference is, I know the background of this dog and get all his vet records.

So what would you guys do? Do you think I should go for it?

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I cannot give advice .... I purchased Abbylynn from over the internet on petfinder ... but from a shelter/rescue operation. Just curious as to why he is for sale?

He sounds like quite the perfect dog and all the trimmings. Also very cute! :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just curious as to why he is for sale?
Normal craigslist/kijiji excuse. They are having a baby in the fall and won't have the time for him anymore. Aside from THAT, they seem like nice people and it seems like he has been well taken care of.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Well, you might want to meet him first! :p But, yeah, if you all get along, go for it!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, you might want to meet him first! :p But, yeah, if you all get along, go for it!
Oh definitely. IF we do decide that we want him, we would take our current dog with us when we go to meet him to make sure that they got along and that he was the right fit for our family.

I really think we might do it. It's not too often that hubby and I agree on the same dog, and on this one we do, so I think he might be the one lol

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Sounds like a great dog if your dog gets along with him ... and also the humans. :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, it wasn't meant to be :(

I'm sad, but we are going to keep looking. The right second dog for us is out there somewhere! :)

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Well, it wasn't meant to be :(

I'm sad, but we are going to keep looking. The right second dog for us is out there somewhere! :)
I'm sorry .........
Sometimes ... They find us! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts